Forum

Post subject: Need to buy new bike for 2012
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 pm 
Hi peeps,

Wondering if any off u could help with some ideas or advise. Need to buy a new bike when i get back off hols and having trouble deciding!!

Got £1000 to spend. Keep looking at the 09 or 10 Kona Minxy off chain reaction. I think im loving the burlyness of them! Any one know about these or got any good reccomendations about any other bikes.

Im only 5'2" so would have to be small!!!

Post subject: Re: need to buy new bike for 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 am 
I built my bike up with a budget of £1000 by ordering everything separately and putting it all together myself, got decent range of parts as i got to choose everything within budget and didn't have to put up with any OEM stuff, i'd recommend it, i used an outdated spreadsheet from "head to the hills" shop in surrey - http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk/custom-builds/custom_builds_examples.htm

spent some time online looking at reviews of each part, then went looking for deals on the parts i chose and built it on paper first !

then you get to go shopping !!!

I used Chain Reaction / Merlin / tredz and LBS

but beware.... i broke my budget my £200 as i got sa little carried away and i still want to get a bashing / chain device and a lime green frame protector from lizard skins... i'm such a tart !!

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

Post subject: Re: need to buy new bike for 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm 
Giant trance x 4, £1250 new or find last years model second hand, goes every where and does everything, love mine and wouldnt change it.