Forum

Post subject: Re: Anybody got RockShox seals and oils?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm 
Also did some reading just now on 'what oil to use for RoskShox' and found loads of people advising to just go to motorbike shop and buy the suspension fluid there - much cheaper (especially if you don't need a litre of the stuff.

So popped to my local motorbike store and bought some 5wt there, 500ml for £7 :)

Also ready recommendations to use 5w -40 fully synth motor oil in the lowers oil-baths instead of the 15wt as the motor oil lubes better and sticks to the components better too.. I happen to have an open 1 litre bottle of 5w-30 fully synth Shell Helix in my office from my Touareg so I'm gonna give this a go :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 am 
Arrggghhhh!!! o-rings were ordered on Thursday, should have arrived Friday - nada.. The guy came in to the shop to check the post this morning for me to see if they had arrived and once again - nada.. Grrrr...

Re-ordered and coming straight to my house this time. Was all set to rebuild them today and give them a good run over Hadleigh tomorrow.

Ah well.. Fingers crossed for Monday delivery

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:19 pm 
So o-rings arrived today... look touch and go as far as internal diameter and just a little larger in external (as expected). Just fitted one and re-built the forks up.. Just operating by hand, they feel like they're ok but will need to fit to the bike this evening and take them out for a spin with plenty of bouncing on the front end..

Fingers crossed :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:39 pm 
I'm out tonight for a very quick blast, will probably ride down westwood into tile wood / pound wood and back up dawes heath and road it to coombe wood and back down to benfleet unless i make good time then i'll go down the glenn and right down to the station so i'm not quite so unfit for Tuesday !!!

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm 
Not so unfit for Tuesday... Tuesday is tomorrow!!! You'll be knackered from tonight's blast lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm 
Well I hope I'm not speaking too soon but......

The Recons Are Back In Business :)

Went out for lunchtime blast over Hadleigh with Tony to put them through their paces as we didn't get out last night with the monsoon ;)

They performed great and I certainly pushed them hard over the fast sections and especially Murder Hill :)

YeeHaaaaa