Forum

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 pm 
Hiya

I got on a bike for the 1st time in 22 years 2 weeks ago, since then I have been on a steep learning curve which resulted in me buying a shiney new Spesh carve comp yesterday that is just begging to get muddy

So thought I would join this forum as i live in Chelmsford, currently only been over Thorndon but definitely looking to branch out and maybe meet a few others

Cheers

Stephen

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 pm 
Hiya mate and welcome to the forum. Look out for rides posted up here, there's usually something going on somewhere, and you'll be made welcome. It's all very informal and I haven't found any elitists here yet! Seems a bit quiet on here at the mo though, I reckon everyones just a bit pissed off with the weather we're having lately (see the thread 'Damn Weather' for example)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:32 pm 
Cool, I have joined a few forums but this looks excellent as its based on my local area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 pm 
Hello,

My name is Pieter. I live in Harlow, Essex. I ride in Epping Forest. Can't wait to ride with others. I am a beginner, been riding for three months in Epping Forest on a Sunday morning.

Pieter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am 
Welcome lads!!!

This is a great forum, full of friendly people, and I've been on a few rides with members from here, and can never wait for the next! You'll deffo have to come on a Thorndon run, you'll find trails you never knew existed ;)

--------------------------------------
SPS Santa Cruz V10c / Lapierre Spicy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 am 
I will defo, I have had more interaction on this forum tonight, than all the others in the past week, shame I didn't find it sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 am 
It's a shame, forums are such an easy to meet people and get clubs, etc, going.... A lot of them fall at the first hurdle just through lack of interaction. Their lose! LOL.. ;)

SPS Santa Cruz V10c / Lapierre Spicy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 am 
Welcome lads

as above normally loads of meet up's for local rides and away days, its a bit quiet on here at the moment but its just down to the weather and everyone feeling a bit feed up as cant get out for a decent ride without getting soaked and the trails are pretty much wrecked until things dry out.

look out for a Thorndon ride, you may find theres a lot more there than you think....

I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..