Forum

Post subject: The Surrey Hills - Sunday 13th May - Explore random trails
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 pm 
Late notice I know....but dh bike isnt up and running so trail bike it is.

Im looking to head over to the Surrey hills to have a bit of a hunt for new trails and run some of the oldies but goodies.

If anyone fancies it let me know.

Post subject: Re: The Surrey Hills - Sunday 13th May - Explore random trai
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am 
Did you go?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 pm 
Certainly did mate - as I mentioned to Northern

I tapped up one of chris144 Switchbacks crew to show me a few of the N Downs areas I didn’t know. Conditions were great.. hardly any mud and a total Triscombe frikin loooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaam fest! Found some more meaty features which are now – on the list. I drove home in the shorts I was riding in it was that dry. Another ride on the Nic… such good fun throwing that thing around.

Frank hitting the lower jump on Indian summer which we all did last time. It looks like nothing but on the trail bike with no pads its a good size step down

There is a new track over there which has a couple of big jumps at the bottom and looks immense too

Over on the track that Evil lost his go pro a while back they have built some monster jumps on the fast off camber section at the bottom. You will have to be cooking to make them and the last one looks like it may launch you into orbit

and I also found fly tipper for the first time. half way down the run you have path gap 12ft across and is 12 ft deep . It is on the list! Tom ud love it bro!

On the way back I got shown a couple of other trails which were total bermsplosions berm berm berm berm drop berm berm berm drop. Badass

Only negative - as is the way with the Surrey hills you spend a lot of time grinding back up so was knackered afterwards.

Might be heading back on Sunday if I can get a pass

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 pm 
Good to see youve started riding the fun parts of the sh ;) :)

thats an 18ft jump at the end of flytipper, the one behind the fella is 12ft

berm berm drop sounds like bronson. does it run near telegraph poles? theres another one nearby with a huge bombhole in the ends in the same place.

good to know its dry over there.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 am 
Looks great! looking forward to another trip down there, i will change my tires first ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm 
beardee wrote:
berm berm drop sounds like bronson. does it run near telegraph poles?.

Ive been riding Bronson for a while.. I think its called curly wurly. Rat run was fun too and they were building a new one off to the left of it as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 am 
Was over there last night. Those jumps on the rhythm section in the second pic are now turning into big dirt jumps.

Dusty and fast as hell. Great conditions at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Karve wrote:
beardee wrote:
berm berm drop sounds like bronson. does it run near telegraph poles?.

Ive been riding Bronson for a while.. I think its called curly wurly. Rat run was fun too and they were building a new one off to the left of it as well.

Are those the two trails that end in the same place as Bronson (just after the booter)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 pm 
Bronsons on Winterfold right? - curly wurly and the other one are over on pitch on the eastern side of the valley heading back towards the carpark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:43 pm 
Yes bronsons on winterfold, not far from flytipper. Starts underneath telegraph poles and has jumpy kickers into berms and ends in a booter. Turn right at the end of the trail and onto the road and then the next right takes you up the road next to flytipper.
åah! we call them the T-trails, really good. Some kind soul had added berms last time we rode there which means you can carry loads of speed through the last part straight through the carpark down the road to the cake shop without pedalling ;) :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm 
beardee wrote:
åah! we call them the T-trails, really good. Some kind soul had added berms last time we rode there which means you can carry loads of speed through the last part straight through the carpark down the road to the cake shop without pedalling ;) :)

Don't think its that trail.. I know the one your talking about.

These 2 are on the eastern side of the valley end up directly below where the trail your describing starts. Lots of berms and step downs. From the top of Pitch you can run them .. then winch up and run the trail you mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm 
Curly wurly and rad lane are both below the T Trails. Rad Lane used to run straight binto a fall line which spat you out on the lower fireroad, and curly wurly has recently been added below rad lane.

I love curly wurly and Rad Lane still is great fun although there is now more climbing in it than there used to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:17 pm 
Not sure i know where you mean, does it have a jump through 2 trees that are in a v-shape?
or the trail that starts near the top of pitch and ends in two big rooty rollable drops with a smallish (10ft or so) flat bit in the middle?

Whats conditions like over there at the mo, Travis?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 pm 
Nah, it's much closer to WB car park than that trail. Look for rad lane on strava.

Conditions were running pretty quick - quick enough to break my mates shoulder in numerous places on Saturday (big smash on northern monkey). Might get wet tonight though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Ohh nasty Travis... was he doing the jumps at the bottom?