Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wales take 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am 
Yeah defo

just spoken to the place with the lodges and cabins that mat recommended, they only have cabins free that sleep upto 7 there self contained with all mod cons, its £280 for the weekend thats friday to monday for all of us so even if we stay fri to sun its still cheaper per person than a lodge witch is £25 per per person per night..

also she said theres direct access to all the major trails at Afan so plenty there for 2-3 days plus they also have there own bike track there with a 4X track that we can use for free while we are staying there..

booking is £80 for all of us and thats it job done

let me no asap chaps so i can book it ideally tomorrow, at the moment theres 5 of us plus Darren will come or ill tie him up and do rude things to his toilet parts so that will be 6 so one free place for either Chris if hes coming or someone else..

The cabins

http://www.brynbettws.com/the-cabins/

--------------------------------------
I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:58 pm 
Im up for this. Is the accomodation friday morning to monday morning?

Anyone up for mixing in some uplifting, thinking forest of dean on the friday or on the way back on the monday? Currently all 16 slots available on the Friday, sunday and monday. sat is fully booked. Cwm carn is another option for uplifting though a little step up from fod imo. Places available friday, sat and sunday. Its closed on monday.

linkys:
https://www.flyupdownhill.co.uk/booknow.asp?m=9&y=2012
http://cwmdown.co.uk/bookings

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm 
Wouldnt get too excited about the 4x track, was hard work on a big bike more suited to hts.

also keen to try brechfa
http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/B ... echfa.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm 
Im having to leave on the Sunday eve as need to be home for Monday morn but the cabin is ours until monday so anyone who wants to stay is welcome and wont cost any extra..

think i will be getting to wales around lunch time on the friday so i expect for me and Jim it will be direct to Afan, on the Sunday im happy to ride any were long as its not further away from home than Afan is..

ill go with the majority

So we have

Me
Jim
Mat vanders
Mat Havac
Keith
Chris
Darren (maybe)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 pm 
I am happy to ride monday as well if anyone is uo for it
Never done FOD so would be up for an uplift there
Been Brechfa before, it is lots of fun on the down but the ups are a killer (be warned), one of the worst that i have come cross so lots of fittness is needed

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

Post subject: Wales take 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:06 pm 
Not to bothered by an uplift but will go with the majority.
so its £45 each then for the cabin (based on the 6 of us confirmed - cheaper if daz can make it), bargain! and better than camping.
id like to do cwm carn again, once we've done the trail there we can always drive up to the top car park and play around on the black run.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:53 pm 
Yes, keen to ride monday, Matt.

Im not forcing everyone to do the uplift, maybe one or two days the group may split and ride different places? :)
Youre not gonna get me doing the skyline again, so ill head somewhere else that day.

End of Whytes still closed, reopening mid-sept apparently.

Brechfa climb worse than cwmcarn?

I dont think you can drive up there Keith, theres a locked gate just passed the campsite that the uplift van stops at (the driver has the key!) then theres a manned fc barrier further up. Might be able to buy a single ride on the uplift truck though if they have space as some of the dh'ers call it a day.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm 
Right shall i book the Cabin tomorrow and use as a base and we can do Afan and then what ever else takes our fancy ?

those who are heading home can always do FOD or Cwmcarn on the Sunday as both on route back and the cabin will be ours until Monday for those who are staying the extra day...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 pm 
Brechfa has lots of up and down sections followed by a big fire road climb for the biggest decent. Think of it as a tougher/steeper coed y brinen. I would go back there thought. It a lot longer that cwm carn, imagen doing it twice and your ther

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:24 pm 
Harder than CYB!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:42 pm 
CYB starts easy and then gets steeper latter on with the fire roads to the top, Brenchfa is steep and technical straight away. Proboly did not help it was 32 drees and had done Afan and cwm carn the day before though

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:11 pm 
Brechfa's not that bad! You must have been a bit tired. I did it in the pouring rain though at Christmas though. It is harder than the climb on the Twrch trail though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm 
Accommodation confirmed Friday to Monday :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:54 pm 
Hey fellas do you mind if I tag along? Only up for a day trip tho. Love leaving at 6 CYM Carn, then Adam in the afternoon . Really knackering but excellent all the same

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:57 pm 
Your welcome to come mate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next