Forum

Post subject: Forest of dean
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 pm 
Hi, dont know whos been before but is it worth the drive for the uplift? and is there any thing else there worth riding?

cheers

Post subject: Re: Forest of dean
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:19 pm 
Yes, very much so! The runs (x5) are shorter than Cwm Carn, but much more natural, technical and fun and the uplift is 5 minutes max. No waiting around for the van to arrive after your run either. Super efficient and friendly. Be warned, V Challenging after a big dwonpour! Apparently, there is some secret stuff a short drive from the uplift centre but you will have plenty of fun sessioning the 5 or so runs they have that are serviced by the uplift.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:29 pm 
Agree with Chris - FoD is well worth a visit - I was there a couple of weekends back and it was brilliant - plenty to keep you busy for a day and should easily get 14+ uplifts in by now.

Check out this vid on pinkbike to give you an idea of what it's like and this link.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm 
Hey Mart - u thinking of heading down there - Nuclear Chris mentioned something about it in Feb?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am 
Hey guy s just set up date and LET US KNOW when you whant to go !!! i love to go there to and don t whant to miss it !!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm 
Yes this is with my crew.
Some one just pointed out there is a mini DH race on that weekend 19/20th so kind of shoot that idea down.

Any other surgestions? it's my bday as well so got a weekend pass to play so plannign to stay over as well on the Saturday night.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:32 pm 
I think there are a bunch of us at Cwn Carn on the 18th?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 pm 
Thats just down the road from there? I know chris and ed have been before, Not sure if my riding is up to that at the momnet. Not done any thing really since the alps!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 pm 
Yea its just off the m4 from Newport... Cwn Carn can be really really cruisy if you want it to be - not steep - no gaps but good fun. One of those places that the faster you let yourself go the trickier it becomes. No probs for you mate even if you havent ridden for a while. Almost everything we rode in the summer was more techy. Check with Chris im sure he will say the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm 
Well we are planning tonight so will let you know what the out come is.
We cant do the Friday as work and stuff so that why we are planning on driving Saturday riding Sunday if you were still about?