Forum

Post subject: 2011 Races
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:03 pm 
Chaps and ladies,

Below is a list of the races i plan to enter. Pearce series opens beginning of Feb. Meg series opened yesterday. Mountain of hell will probably open within the next 6 weeks. Let us know if you're up for any?

I plan to book the meg race and flights within the next month

PEARCE (1) APRIL 2 / 3RD APRIL
PEARCE (2) 7 / 8TH MAY

MEG SERIES – ANDORRA 11th June. Fly to Toulouse Wed 8th PM. Ride Thu, Fri. Quali runs on Sat. Race Sun. Fly home Monday.

MEG SERIES – MOUNTAIN OF HELL LES DEUX ALPES. 16TH July. Fly to Grenoble Wed 13th PM. Ride Thu and Fri. Quali Sat. Race Sun. fly home Sun.

PEARCE (4) 30 /31ST July

PEARCE (5) 17/ 18TH SEP.

My reason for racing is not to get anywhere near the sacred podium but to have the opportunity to ride some decent (UK) tracks in good conditions (hopefully...)
The overseas trips are purely for the blast!
Anyway, if anybody fancies any of these or already has some in mind, feel free to add a thread so that savings on fuel and accomodation can be made and the more the merrier.

Post subject: Re: 2011 Races
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 am 
Wicked mate - thats a hell of a list - ill be up for Pearce Cyles event - I have been meaning to check them out for a while

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 pm 
I am keen on the Avalanche mate!

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm 
Just a heads up that entries for the Pearce Cycles races opens tomorrow - if you want to race, best get signed up fast as I think these sell out pretty quickly!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:18 pm 
Will be on it.
Jon, you need to get your pass(es) sorted son!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 pm 
Cheers for the heads up - Joel u reading this too - is it PEARCE (2) 7 / 8TH MAY that was the one close to ur bday?

Do you get uplifts as part of the price?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 pm 
Yep, uplift from 9:30 ish til 4ish on the Sat (10 or so uplifts) and time for 4 uplifts (if you're up early) on the Sun, and then 2 race runs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am 
Jon, that was the one but after further chats with the boss last night looks like it wont happen for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 pm 
So who's entering then?!

I think I'm going to do the 1st two rounds, Hopton and Bringewood - it would be cool if there were a few of us racing...

Chris - have you raced / ridden at Hopton before? What's the track like?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 pm 
A freind and I are booked in for 1,2 and 5. (up for 4 too but my pal has bombed that in favour of the Fort bill enduro. Would rather do 4 , over Fort bill but, don't fancy it by myself so, any takers?).

Yes, have riden Hopton. It's about 3 1/2 mins. Very natural. In the dry. There was an obscene amount of deep, dusty berms and in the wet it was very greasy. From memory there was a healthy amount of features to hinder ones run.

We B & B'd it for a couple of them last year and camped the final. We probably camp all this year, as this forces you up bright and early and on the first uplifts on the Sunday.

Would be cool to link before the race for some riding?

Where do you go?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm 
So I'm definitely good for Bringewood, and will probably sign up for round 1 at Hopton as well.... can't do 3 as we're off to Whistler in June (hurrah!) and I'll be skint after that so that counts 4 out!

Going to sort out entering tomorrow - and trying to convince some of my mates that they want to race too....

Be good to meet up for a ride - I'm in Hertford so my usual spots are Chicksands, Woburn and Aston Hill. Will probably be over Chicksands this Sunday, although if it doesn't rain too much then Aston might be on the cards... How about you, where do you ride?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:25 am 
...i live in Tottenham, so Aston is the most local to me. Either head there or get up a little earler and do an uplift (at FOD). not getting out half as much as i would like. Next time I head out I will drop you a line and try and meet up somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:03 pm 
Chris

I am keen on the Enduro racing side of things - will look at the 661 uk series and also really like the look of Les 2 Aples and Andorra. The only challenge - and I may be being really thick- do you know how to enter? Been searching on the web and it isn't obvious?

Nigel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:08 pm 
Hi Evil,
Here is the link for the Meg series http://www.avalanchecup.com/newlang_2.html (Andorra race). Click on the calendar tab for details. I have booked my place and Ezjet flights. Drop me a line if you are up for it and we can club together for car hire and accomodation.
The mountain of hell booking isnt opened yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 pm 
Evil - i was talking crap today about the Andorra once clashing with the Alps trip - its the LDA one