Forum

Post subject: Just introducing myself
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 pm 
First off looks like a great site/forum well done :) .. Hope to get some good use out it

Ok the name is Dave 44 years old from Tottenham , I love epping :) ..

Ok been back in the saddle since April 2011 in a bid to get my life back on track after being diagnosed type II diabetic I was just under 22 stone so all self inflicted :P.. still had my trusty 2004 Hardrock that I hadn't ridden since 2007 , so I took to the Canal and worked my way to the single track later on ..

Since April its been great Im riding with my old club again got the weight down to just over 13 stone did get down to 12.5 but I looked like I was on the way out :P ..
Treated myself to a FSR XC Expert 2010 last year and since then built up a Stumpjumper Hardtail 2007 I got the frame on Ebay , so I'm running three and two road bikes so my wallet knows about that ..

I usually ride Epping with my Club Crest CC Ilford some of you must have seen us about in the bright purple Lycra !..
Knocking out good weekly mileage atm 200 more or less , and get in the forest when I can but still need to improve my technical ability and grow a larger pair , but getting there ..

Did the Maldon mad fools ride 50k , Hell of the North Cotswold 100k and the Bucks offroad sportive 100k this year , looking at having a go at racing maybe next season ..

Although I do a bit of Road riding and just got a new roadie three weeks ago my heart lays with MTB ..

so that me in a nut shell Hi , gonna have a look around now little clip from yesterday

Post subject: Re: Just introducing myself
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm 
Welcome, thats some serious mileage your getting done! Im usually doing the jumpy freeride stuff and am a greeny but would deffo like to do some more XC! Might have to come up epping at somepoint!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 pm 
Purple Lycra LOL - thats sounds scary! Welcome dude and congrats on the weight loss - super impressive. Feel free to tag along to any of the rides.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 pm 
Good stuff on turn round.
see you about

*looks at video later

Last edited by Laser on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:02 pm 
Welcome along Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
Cheers guys been bobbing around epping again today :) , thats 4th time in 5 days well 5 really as I did a little one this evening as well , conditions a bit slippery today in places , the brambles and nettles are really taking their toll on my legs now ..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:57 pm 
Just saying hi, just join looking forward to getting back on my bike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm 
Hey Dave great story...Theres a few bods on here, inc me, who are dying to know how you shifted the weight?? please, please tell me its some new, radioactive pill or something????

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 am 
Hi all im damon from stevenage. i have always loved downhill jumping well the idea and all that and i brought a bike not long ago and due to money problems im gonna have to sell it so look out on for sale i got a narco 125 with some nice bits ok it for sale id love a proper value if possible thanks all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm 
Wow what a way to hijack a thread just to sell a bike! Anyway great story and I'd also like to know how you shifted the weight if it wasn't that radioactive pill that Damo asked about lol.

--------------------------------------
www.gw-designs.co.uk/home