Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: chance to ride hadleigh farm course!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 pm 
unityjon wrote:
Tomdowie wrote:

due to the H&S and the courses being ungraded this is why a coach is needed.

Ironic seeing as they ask if you can ride black :lol:

if i couldn't ride black then i would need a coach, if i can ride black then surely the coaching is negated ?

just messin' :thumbup:

;)

I've also got the plan diagrams of the 2013 chicksands developments to upload soon. Exciting times :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm 
That sounds cool for ride & coaching when's the next scheduled ride then !! Issued Sundays one damn work commitments

--------------------------------------
Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm 
All the new dates are up on http://www.essexlegacy.org/olympic-venues/hadleigh-farm/can-i-ride-the-mountain-bike-course/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm 
Self assessment. I know my limits I have no interest in gap jump or maybe rock garden can I still ride? Looking at the climbs and coaching.
Two weeks ago this was 25 quid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 pm 
Laser wrote:
Self assessment. I know my limits I have no interest in gap jump or maybe rock garden can I still ride? Looking at the climbs and coaching.
Two weeks ago this was 25 quid.

No one will be refused entry due to level of riding. Everyone will ride the course but if someone isn't up to riding something they will be advised not to ride the certain obstacle.

I'm afraid two weeks ago these were still pilot sessions for the council to review the whole setup. Also the £25 course only lasted the proposed 2 hours which the council suggested. We have managed to bump it up to 4 hours so people get a day on the course, especially if they are travelling miles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
Tomdowie wrote:

I've also got the plan diagrams of the 2013 chicksands developments to upload soon. Exciting times :)

Really interested in this Tom. Add a link to this forum when you can, and ill update the chicksands page

http://essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trails/c ... e-park.php

as some of the info on there is a bit out of date

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:21 pm 
Karve wrote:
Tomdowie wrote:

Really interested in this Tom. Add a link to this forum when you can, and ill update the chicksands page

http://essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trails/c ... e-park.php

as some of the info on there is a bit out of date

will do bud.

Should have the finalised drawings within a week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm 
Thanks to Tom for coming on and provided the relevant information and clearing up the situation.

disappointed at your comment on stw about this forum. If you want to see negative chat about the course suggest you search the archives of pb, stw, br, sdh around the time of the games. :) Having re-read this thread cant see one post commenting on the course but the negativity is directed at £ss£x cc, given that a proportion of this forum are ecc council tax payers it must be frustrating being legally forced to give them money every month whilst a world class xc course is fenced off and only available to them for a fee.

imo, i think everyone should have skills lessons as they benefit riders of all abilities but some riders are comfortable with 10ft gap jumps, 4ft drops onto rocks and 3ft gaps in rock berms*(1) so again it must be frustrating that people paying are given priority.

Swinley has a similar terrain and technical features (though no rocks/boulders) are managing to turn their network of trails into a trail centre ready for spring next year, meanwhile ecc wont have started by then.

Roll on a world class xc course/trail centre in Essex, sooner the better imo.

:)

*(1) guestimates based on television coverage and photographs. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm 
I agree with the above.... And let's not forget a rather high fee too certainly not payable on a regular basis. Personally I've found this forum nothing but very friendly and useful especially compared to the horrible experience I had on the hadleigh MTB club fb page. You hit the nail on the head about being Essex cc tax payers. I think they may have a hard time come next summer if people see the course still fenced off with no progress made.

I can't really see why it couldn't be possible to let groups on as it is assuming they are reasonably organised and sensible, Ive shown groups around Morzine not coz I have any specific skills, just I know the area and even have a first aid cert.

Last edited by andydd on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm 
beardee wrote:
Thanks to Tom for coming on and provided the relevant information and clearing up the situation.

disappointed at your comment on stw about this forum. If you want to see negative chat about the course suggest you search the archives of pb, stw, br, sdh around the time of the games. :) Having re-read this thread cant see one post commenting on the course but the negativity is directed at £ss£x cc, given that a proportion of this forum are ecc council tax payers it must be frustrating being legally forced to give them money every month whilst a world class xc course is fenced off and only available to them for a fee.

imo, i think everyone should have skills lessons as they benefit riders of all abilities but some riders are comfortable with 10ft gap jumps, 4ft drops onto rocks and 3ft gaps in rock berms*(1) so again it must be frustrating that people paying are given priority.

Swinley has a similar terrain and technical features (though no rocks/boulders) are managing to turn their network of trails into a trail centre ready for spring next year, meanwhile ecc wont have started by then.

Roll on a world class xc course/trail centre in Essex, sooner the better imo.

:)

*(1) guestimates based on television coverage and photographs. ;)

Sorry about the comment. It wasn't directed at the forum as a whole and was said to make sure the people that have already been on the sessions can provide you guys with feedback as to what its like and if the sessions are worth it. Rather than me coming on and bigging it up. Theres been more negative comments on STW but some of the guys who have been on the sessions have commented on it.

The fee doesn't go the ECC it goes to the running costs, insurance and time for running these sessions by the guides/coaches. Its going to be completely free when it finally does open but because nothing is graded or signed off and the site has no first aid, toilets etc (apart from in the country park) it makes it a sketchy situation just opening up private land and them completely liable. There is a lawsuit against locog at the moment because someone trespassed, pulled the barrier out, crashed and ended up needing an ambulance. They are now trying to sue so you can see why the council are being careful with the whole thing.

The riders that feel they don't need to coaching is fine, we were brought in as guides and the cost was just for guiding but we thought as coaches offering the coaching for free would be great for people and we want to help people out as much as possible.

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm 
Ive no doubt its worth the money, Already seen good feedback.

What a shame about the person who cant ride and wants to blame others.

Good luck with the sessions, Tom. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm 
Alright guys, just been on 1 of the coaching session with john & tom and cannot fault the £45 for the coaching that u get the course is not just a updown x country the descents throug the rocks are not as easy as they look tom & jon inspire &give u confidence to ride the sections with there advise & coaching,there is absolutley no rest around the whole course killer uphills lead into rock gardens or arse on back wheel chutes olympic mtbers must have had a big S onthere chests to do 6 laps flat out. Again great days coaching !!!!!

Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 pm 
Indeed...must be very fit...it was pretty hot on the race day and when I saw the test event it was about 30 degrees !

Lets hope Essex CC get a move on so we can ride it more :)

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:19 pm 
Geoff43 wrote:
alright guys, just been on 1 of the coaching session with john & tom and cannot fault the £45 for the coaching that u get the course is not just a updown x country the descents throug the rocks are not as easy as they look tom & jon inspire &give u confidence to ride the sections with there advise & coaching,there is absolutley no rest around the whole course killer uphills lead into rock gardens or arse on back wheel chutes olympic mtbers must have had a big S onthere chests to do 6 laps flat out. Again great days coaching !!!!!

cool glad this thread was of use to you mate thats the reason i put it on here ...not to cause upset!

:high5:

trees dont move!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm 
Its only £25 now so interested but no course tomorrow, bugger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next