Forum

Post subject: Anyone interested in joining the TA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am 
Ive been in the TA Royal Signals(in Colchester) for nearly 5 years and its that what got me in to biking in the first place and since then ive taken full advantage of the opportunities of being paid ride at trail centers across the UK . Im asking the title question here because we need more recruits coming through the door and id like riders like you to join up.

If your on this forum then theres a pretty good chance your at reasonable fitness level already and would pass the minimum requirements to join, Initially you will need to make yourself available for 6 weekends and a 2 week course to get through basic training, then once thats out the way you can pick and choose what weekends you can attend a bit more providing you do the minimum amount each year, but the more you do, the more privileges you get. for example in march im going snowboarding in Austria for 2 weeks, all paid for and I get paid to go!

Pay wise, you earn the same as the regular Army but on a daily rate and providing you do the minimum amount of 27(i think) days a year which is made up by a 10 day annual camp/trade course weekends and drill nights (each drill night is classed as 1/4 day) and at the end of each year you get an tax free lump sum called a bounty which varies year to year, year 1 is around £450 up to year 5 onwards of about £1800. (think new bike money each year :D

Im not a recruiter for the Army but we were asked last night to each try and bring one new person in to the squadron, so if your localish to Colchester aged between 17.5 and 42 and your interested in a second job that will bring you new skills ect then let me know and ill tell you where to go and when. if your interested but not from anywhere near Colchester look here http://www.army.mod.uk/join/26850.aspx for your local unit

Hope this isnt against any forum rules.

Cheers
Kev

Post subject: Re: Anyone interested in joining the TA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 pm 
To old!

--------------------------------------
trees dont move!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm 
luvinit wrote:
to old!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm 
Dont mock your elders!!! lol!

--------------------------------------
trees dont move!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm 
Hi,
Good for you,
Not sure it is scabing as they are getting rid of regulars and replacing them with TA .
Not sure a tour of Afghan -more like a tour of Amsterdam is my favourite.
I am to old and hopefully wiser to go anywhere near a loaded gun, and if I did those next to me would be even stupider.
Best of luck and KEEP SAFE.
As for biking you would beat the back side of me alround.
Bob