Forum

Post subject: Training Rides
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 pm 
Anyone keen to get in regular training rides.

So Fartlek/Thresholds/ Hills etc?

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

Post subject: Re: Training Rides
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 pm 
I will ride down the hills, but won't make it up the other side :)

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm 
Sounds like you need to come along! Will be at Queens Oak/ Pole hill for 6:30 am tomorrow if anyone is interested?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 pm 
So do you ride up hills as fast as you can?

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:58 pm 
bradley27 wrote:
so do you ride up hills as fast as you can?

Within reason mate. But you not sprinting it, if thats what you asking. Just trying to put your legs under load and working hard and then recovering on the next down. I got a loop and the idea is to do as many as possible within hour and a half.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am 
I'm in, but if it's going to be a weekday I normally go at 4.30am before work - or from 7.30pm at night - not ideal but I'd love to know the hilliest routes round Brickendon/Wormley way for laps if you know any...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 am 
Peet wrote:
I'm in, but if it's going to be a weekday I normally go at 4.30am before work - or from 7.30pm at night - not ideal but I'd love to know the hilliest routes round Brickendon/Wormley way for laps if you know any...

Peet, I cant say I know any around that area off the top of my head. I normally start with a climb up Pole hill and have a short but hilly route I do laps on initially.

I could be talked into 4:30am if you up for it at pole hill?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:11 am 
Noel wrote:

Let's try it - although as my other half is away this week I'm on early dog walking duties - next week? Would be good to know a route but I must warn you - I need to do hills because I'm NOT good at doing hills...if you get what I mean. Waiting for a new lighter bike to arrive in the next week or so so it doesn't help trying to push a tank up a hill - good training though ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 am 
Peet wrote:
Noel wrote:

Let's try it - although as my other half is away this week I'm on early dog walking duties - next week? Would be good to know a route but I must warn you - I need to do hills because I'm NOT good at doing hills...if you get what I mean. Waiting for a new lighter bike to arrive in the next week or so so it doesn't help trying to push a tank up a hill - good training though ;)

Cool, let me know when you keen to start. Dont worry about your fitness, I haven't done specific training in ages. We are in the same boat. Besides its a short route and the idea is whoever gets to the top first goes down to fetch the other before moving on.

So whoever is fitter will take a bigger beating than the other. So I hope you fitter :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 am 
Noel wrote:
Peet wrote:
Noel wrote:

Cool, let me know when you keen to start. Dont worry about your fitness, I haven't done specific training in ages. We are in the same boat. Besides its a short route and the idea is whoever gets to the top first goes down to fetch the other before moving on.

So whoever is fitter will take a bigger beating than the other. So I hope you fitter :lol:

I can only guarantee one thing - my HR max will be WAY higher than yours :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 pm 
:lol:

Cool, give me a shout when you ready.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm 
Noel wrote:
:lol:

Cool, give me a shout when you ready.

Will do, def won't be Monday as I have a 4hr road ride Sun, so likely Tues or Wed, ill let you know later in the week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 pm 
Peet wrote:

theres a pretty epic route you can do around there, a lap of bencroft (up and down about 3 times), then quick blast up the road into broxbourne, short down and up (or take a slightly logner route and have fun balancing on the walking paths made of wood) then over a little stream, up a small hill, down some pretty fun single track, up a longggggggggggggg hill but its straight and a fire road, then turn left, down a short singletrack, up another path, along a bit of flat, and your back at the first single track, pretty fun lap to do, can show you 1 day if you like ? but theres so many cut throughs you can vary the laps each time :)

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 am 
Banner, sounds good, when do you normally go riding?

hey Noel, saw your other post re: lights - you do know that the clocks move on sunday, so it will be dark 4.30am next week when we planned to go riding? Just saying...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 am 
Peet wrote:
Banner, sounds good, when do you normally go riding?

hey Noel, saw your other post re: lights - you do know that the clocks move on sunday, so it will be dark 4.30am next week when we planned to go riding? Just saying...

Yeh, but its a non technical route, so the back up lights I have will cope (150 Lumin) Its only when I ride on the night rides where my back up lights don't cope cause i don't know the route and they spot.

So we will be fine ;)