Forum

Post subject: Thetford riding
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm 
Hi, I ride in thetford forest quite a lot and i was wondering if any one else rides there or would like to ride there. I ride the black and the red, even though it is cross country there are a lot of bomb holes and dowhill sections like the BEAST. Thanks for reading. I am buisy this weekend and might be going to glentress in easter but please tell if you are planning on going or we could organise something.

Post subject: Re: Thetford riding
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm 
Hi ya. was there only last weekend. We ride the red long route then just after squiral scamper cut accross to Madgets bomb hole and then contiue on the black so we then end up back at the BCP (brandon car park)

Madgetts hole is a bit :( now, and I see the safty police and ruined Howes hold. The fast drop is is just a gental roll in :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm 
Damn i am going saturday but i ride the black then if i can be bothered do the red. The second half of the black is the best though. There are some sweet sections on the red asswell though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 pm 
A lot of the black is just shit and bumpy that why we just ride the last sections. So we just get the bomb holes and the beast.
You ridden the secret beast? sooooo good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:20 pm 
Well i have ridden other trails down near the beast. I agree the first part of the black is not well looked after but i dont realy mind it but the red has some of the best parts on it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:51 pm 
WOW. The black at thetford has changed so much since january. I went today. It is a lot smoother and less bumpy, there are still a lot of rollers. The beast is a lot better now. It is a lot more technical and has more drops. There are other parts that are more techinical. There are also some jumps out of some of the some of the bomb holes now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:52 pm 
Where is the secret beast and what is it like?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am 
Secret beast runs along sid ethe normal one.
As you head off from Howes hole you have the signs for the beast, Right beside that there is a trail, thats it. Super fast and smooth with some big arse drops which are all most blind. Some big kickers that can change the colour of your pants if your not ready for them. Great track :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:23 pm 
Cool how big r the drops

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm 
Only a foot or so but your going so quick you dont even see them.

think it's time we get these essex boys up there for a spin???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
Ye i think i might be going this weekend because my dad had his bike serviced there. I am not sure if we r going and im not sure what day or what time but we r pretty flexible. Do you know how long it takes you to the black. I do it in about our if i am cruiseing and getting air and doing bomb holes and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm 
Mmmmmmm Guess you could do it in that. Have not ridden just the black for years as it's been so shit. But just read on TIMBER that its smoothed out a bit.
Guess just over an hour but we do tend to sprint stop talk, sprint stop talk so takes us about 2 lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 am 
Haha ye well i do like to sprint some sections then take the nest bit easy and then sprint again.