Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumb ass question about tubeless
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am 
Yeah i was trying to do it all in one go

tires are directional, made sure they were pointing the right way each time far LOL

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:24 am 
That video is brilliant.
Now jon, go back and read what I wrote, lol

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 am 
This is why pros have mechanics :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am 
VW-surfbum wrote:
That video is brilliant.
Now jon, go back and read what I wrote, lol

LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 am 
Ok so i took the wheels to the workshop on Friday but had the complete day from hell (supposed to present missus with her new car but broke a rocker cover bolt clean off in the head !)

On Sunday night i took another look, inflated one with a tube, then removed thought the other one was already seated on one side and so i shot up the local petrol station to use their compressor with the flat tire option, managed to inflate one and push the other side into the rim, teh other one had no chance though so will try again another night, the one i managed to inflate i carefully took home so as not to disturb the seatd tire, it held some pressure all the way ?? took valve core out and was surprised at the amount of air still in it ! put some gloop in and pumped it up with a track pump, swished it all around and left it on its side on a bucket for 1/2hr, went back and inflated back up to 40psi and left it up the other way, about 10pm last night i went and put it on the bike and spun it to spread any more gloop all over the innards, shut the door and left it.

Tonight i'll use the tube again on the other and shoot back up the station know i've seen it work and understand the process..

so happy.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 am 
Excellent news, it gets easier each time you do it!

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am 
If the second one inflates tonight, i've just got the front mech to sort out and its ride-able ! i'm using a 3spd shifter with a 2 speed mech just to make life awkward, but cant see it being an issue LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:20 am 
Oh my God I've turned into a tire tart! After having one of my high rollers forever leaking air, very slowly or just after I've cleaned the bike and having to pump it up before each ride and if I forgot it would burp off the rim I decided to get proper tubeless tires, bought a pair of Hans dampf in trail compound for front and pacestar for the rear, like an idiot, knowing I'd need the bike for Tuesday night I set about putting them on the bike on Monday but with tubes in so they take shape after being flat packed, the plan was to go tubeless at the weekend, pulled my old tubes out of a bag I the garage, one has a pinch flat in it! Repaired it and put it on the bike, the tire wasn't seated quite evenly all the way round so I let a little air out and squeezed and pulled it to get the seam even all the way round the rim, got it pretty good, pumped it back up hard to let it sit, heard a pfffft... PoP. And the tyre seated itself perfectly, that must be the bread seating I thought, then I realised I had put the front tire on the rear! Typical.. off came the wheel I undid the valve and started to let the tire down, there was a puff of chalk dust and nothing, I couldn't deflate the tire lol turns out the patch hadn't stuck it popped off and filled the tire with air, it's still inflated, to deflate i had to push the bead out of the rim, hard work when fully inflated... about half an hour later I managed to get the old tube out, swapped the tire over and installed my other tube which also needed a patch! Then I repaired the first tube again and fitted the front tire, all good, put the bike into the garage and heard pffffft pop in stereo... both tubes have given out again, checked it this morning before work, both tires are still fully inflated with popped tubes and no sealant Lofl need to sort it when I get home now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:45 am 
LOL brilliant! at least you know the tyres are going to seat properly and seal LOL

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 am 
I looked at Hans dampf like know thoughts once on & running.

To meaty for xc? woods\slop\road.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 pm 
Well they're up, i' m a little concerned about running them without sealant incase the side walls flex enough to seep air at the bead although car tires dont LOL

as soon as i've put some miles on them i'll let you know how they compare to the High rollers as thats all i can compare them too !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:16 pm 
Put sealant in!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm 
Well yeah... need to get the tubes out first but on the plus side if i can pop a small amount of tire out the bead by the valve hole i can slice the useless inner tubes in half and pull them out and pop the proper valves in and only deal with a small amount of tire re-seating !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:24 pm 
Sounds massively over complicated.. Pop tyre off one side, pull tube out, put valve in, throw some stans in, get tyre inside rim, pump with track pump, give it a shake / spin, Et voila, tubeless..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:44 pm 
Turner5 wrote:
Sounds massively over complicated.. Pop tyre off one side, pull tube out, put valve in, throw some stans in, get tyre inside rim, pump with track pump, give it a shake / spin, Et voila, tubeless..

:thumbup:

Bike piccys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next