Forum

Post subject: Re: Training Rides
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 pm 
It was a good morning. I would like to make it a regular ride.

It got better towards the end of the session, next time I reckon we add another loop?

Cheers Peet, lets see how we do on carbon next time?

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:11 pm 
Call it 1,266ft thats sounds way more!

Impressive stuff - especially at insane a clock in the morning :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm 
Yeh, but once we were up and going it was really enjoyable. Felt better and better as the ride progressed. The loop needs some work in terms of transition from one hill to the next but I reckon its a good workout course in progress.

You joining us next week Jon. Maybe a more civilized 5:30 start?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:17 pm 
Noel wrote:
Cheers Peet, lets see how we do on carbon next time?

Still no news when my new carbon baby is arriving but it's good training pushing my lump of metal up the hill :roll:

I now have this as a regular Friday morning ride of 1.5hrs on my training schedule but the latest I could start riding is 5am and that's pushing it so I'd have to get there before you guys and then meet up for the last half of my ride but I'm happy to do that. I need a good half hour to warmup anyway.

Really good training, I'll try to remember my big light next week. And my glasses, still trying to dig the mud out!! Oh yeah, and maybe you could try to avoid the tree branches when going up the hill Noel?! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:37 pm 
I also have this as a regular Friday ride! 5 is fine, it means I should finish in time for my first session of the day at 6:30.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm 
Good news, as my sponsored bike is still on a boat I am being lent a full suss Giant this week for MSG and training :D

I can try to race you up the hills now - I reckon if I have a lighter bike and you hug the tree branches again I might just be in with a shot at getting to the top first :lol: Oh...hang on....isn't that what happened last time?! Not that I am competitive or anything ;)

Bring on Friday hills!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Peet wrote:
I can try to race you up the hills now - I reckon if I have a lighter bike and you hug the tree branches again I might just be in with a shot at getting to the top first :lol: Oh...hang on....isn't that what happened last time?! Not that I am competitive or anything ;)

I suppose 1 outta 8 isn't bad ;)

You must be really stoked on a sharp new bike to throw around at MSG. What Giant is it? does the rear shock lock out or have pro pedal? Otherwise its a world of pain bobbing up the hills on Fri :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 pm 
Noel wrote:
You must be really stoked on a sharp new bike to throw around at MSG. What Giant is it? does the rear shock lock out or have pro pedal? Otherwise its a world of pain bobbing up the hills on Fri :twisted:

No idea what sort of Giant it is, it belongs to my sponsor who owns his own shop so I imagine it's a good one - and I would be surprised if it doesn't have lock out. The problem is that it's his personal bike and he has told me to bring it back in one piece - no pressure!!!

And yes, VERY pleased I'll have something more lighter and nimble for MSG, nothing worse than knowing youa re at a disadvantage even before you start. And you never know, maybe the rear brakes AND the suspension will work - that's def a step up!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Giant Trance 3 ready to go for tomorrow - who's coming? ready to ride at 5am QE hunting lodge?

Oh yeah, and thanks for giving me your cold Noel :cry: