Forum

Post subject: Brentwood rides
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 am 
Hi, new to the forum and recently moved to Brentwood

I have been exploring the woods at Warley Gap, Thordon park and North Weald and have found some cool trails but would like to have some company!

Are there any regular meetups in the area, otherwise would anyone like to join me for some midweek rides? I normally go evenings after 6pm?

Post subject: Re: Brentwood rides
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
There are a fair few rides over in Brentwood - many seem to leave from the Brentwood Karting car-park on Saturday or Sunday mornings about 10am.

Failing that you are welcome to join us over in Thurrock for the Thurrock Loop that is most Wednesdays nights from Bannatynes Gym at 19:30.

I'm sure one of the Brentwood guys will be along shortly to tell you when they go out ;)

Oh, and Welcome the forum :thumbup:

--------------------------------------
Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 pm 
Thanks Stumpie,

Funnily I've just moved from Chafford Hundred but didnt have space for MTB when I lived there!

Where does the Thurrock Loop go? Could easily pop over one Wednesday and check it out, or let me know if you ever plan a weekend ride

Cheers :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm 
We leave the gym about 19:30, head down into Davey Down and through Brannetts Wood, through Belhus Woods, through Upminster/Hornchurch Country Park, into Ingrbourn Hill, through Rainham, along the river by Purfleet RSPB then either back through Aveley or along and under the QE2 Bridge and back up to the gym through Lakeside.

All told about 25 or so miles.

Post subject: Brentwood rides
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:39 pm 
Lakeside is a fair drive for me but I fancy riding through lakeside :) (are the automatic doors quick enough :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:38 pm 
I have always thought it would be rather cool to rag a bike or go cart around the place after closing. Recon they might take a dim view though

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm 
Clearly I can't advocate such laddish behavior but I know people get pissed when you ride up boulevard by the lake - they get especially pissy if you wheelie it...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm 
At the moment the regular rides are Tuesdays and Thursdays at the rugby club/king gorge's park 615-630 but the pace in very quick. Normally a good 15 miles. When I get a free weekend will sort out a newbie ride over there but I keep being bizzy bizzy at the moment at the weekends.

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 am 
Madasnibbor wrote:
Lakeside is a fair drive for me but I fancy riding through lakeside :) (are the automatic doors quick enough :)

Actually Ive seen a urban Dh race takes place in an American 'mall' on youtube somewhere, similar to the urban DH races they have through towns, lots of wooden ramps and big drops.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:53 pm 
I have been reading about and watching vids around Warley Gap but so far have only found one trail, starting by the Ford carpark with a small 'jump bowl' section in the middle and finishing at Magpie Lane.

Judging by vids there is so much more! Can somebody point me in the right direction? Looking to explore with a pal on Sunday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:37 pm 
Its the other side of the road behind the karting track, it's a bit mad over there :crazy:

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING