Forum

Post subject: Epping DH Saturday 16th April
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 pm 
I'm heading outmyXC friends but will be on my DH bike as I'm stupid but will be leaving them when we get to High Beech. Anyone want to help me with the trails, the blue random tool I found in my brothers bag was useless.

I'm leaving Chingford Golf Course at 11 so should be at High Beech by 12 dependant on how many technicals the group gets.

Alsowill doa bit of riding need to work out if my spring is too soft as 450 is definantly too hard for me.

Post subject: Re: Epping DH Saturday 16th April
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm 
Could you tell me where the dh trails are at epping, been trying to find them. thanks

Post subject: Epping DH Saturday 16th April
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:31 pm 
lol sx wrote:
could you tell me where the dh trails are at epping, been trying to find them. thanks

Meet up with one of the arranged rides on here. It's tricky to explain exactly where they all are, plus better not to make it public otherwise they'll end up getting knocked down.

--------------------------------------
I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:00 pm 
I now wont be out on my DH bike till May, it's being stripped, cleaned and serviced tomorrow before I head off to Scotland for a riding holiday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:50 pm 
When will you be going epping again so we can meet up for me to find it. thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 pm 
I'l be down again on Saturday

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm 
I'm thinking of heading to Epping Saturday morning (23rd) any chance meeting up with someone for a guide to the good DH bits? I thought it was all XC there and only went once years ago as it was a bit tame for my liking. I haven't been on the bouncy bike for a while want a bit of a warm up before a Cwmdown day on the 27th and not sure I fancy braving a half shut M1 on Easter weekend to get to Aston Hill at the moment! Willing to dig too!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:36 am 
Hello Anselm - I may well be around Saturday AM and happy to show you some trails - the Epping DH stuff is fun if its your local spot but maybe not worth a massive hike depending on where you are. Where abouts are you based? You'd probably get a lot more value from a trip to Danbury if that's your way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 pm 
Hi Karve, well Danbury was my local spot over the last year as I was living back in Southend where I grew up but I'm back in Finsbury Park now, so Epping is the nearest spot I think. Just curious to check it out to see if it's worth a go when I'm pushed for time? I think Aston will remain my favourite but it’s nice to mix it up. Also looking to check out Enfield at some point as I’ve built up a jump bike from spare / ebay / CRC sale parts, not that I can DJ really but would like to try it out a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:14 am 
Hello mate - not about Am now but can do PM if that suits? The best area has 3 or 4 really mellow lines so don't expect too much :) Another person to help with digging would be stella as we have some ideas going forward to add a few bit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:07 pm 
Need to be back at 11ish so think it'll have to wait this time, but yeah well up for digging - I'll keep an eye out here for when.

Stupidly early trip to Aston for a few runs it is then!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 pm 
No worries - been to Woburn recently? That's only a little bit further than Aston?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 pm 
Never been there - have to give tghat a go at some point.