Forum

Post subject: New to the area...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm 
Hi all,

And happy new year!

I've recently moved to north London after a three year spell living in Spain.

I'm really keen to get out riding, but have nobody to go with. Additionally, I'm not used to getting about in and around London with my bike... is public transport an option? I don't have my own transport unfortunately.

I'm currently riding an old Specialized Big Hit Spec... it's a bit knackered, but get's the job done, and it is a project for me... work in progress. I'm looking to ride some nice (easy/ beginner to intermediate!) singletrack/ downhill, and cross country... having said that, I'm happy if I'm out on the bike, whatever riding I'm doing.

So, if anyone is up for showing me a round a bit I'd be really interested to hear from you. First round in the pub afterwards will be covered for my guide!

Cheers :)

Bob.

Post subject: Re: New to the area...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 pm 
Hey bob where in north london are you based?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:58 pm 
Hi ggg,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I'm staying with friends in Mill Hill (NW7) at the moment. I'm looking for something to rent around here too... somewhere on the Northern Line basically.

Anyway, thanks again, and hopefully hear from you again soon :)

Best regards,

Bob.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 am 
Transport in north london is pretty easy The tlf overground line is realy usufull for getting east to west or north to south and joining up train routs out of london. You can also get away with taking your bike most placeson tubes trains as long as its not bang in the middle of rush hour. Just carry allen keys and if anyones got a problem take the wheels of.

If you want to jump enfield trails isnt that far away from you either although its like a swamp at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 pm 
Thanks again ggg,

By overground you mean train or bus?

Thanks for the information... I shall see if I can join one of the meets this coming weekend :D

Cheers!