Forum

Post subject: Danbury guide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
Hi

I'm after some info on Danbury if possible, I'm heading down that way at the end of next month and wondered what the place has to offer? I normally ride Thetford forest so would ideally be looking for xc.
Just wanted to ask if there is any and if so is it marked, also if its not marked would anyone be willing to post a os map/strava/garmin etc map of anything there?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Danbury guide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm 
I ride Danbury a lot and as it sands it's a swamp and not rideable. There is the short down hills runs at the common and lots of single track in the adjacent woods. It's too hard to explain where to go and even with a tracked ride I would not be able to point out where I was at times. A lot of it is marked up as footpath only. Try this ride as an example

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/29493 ... l&o=course

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:26 pm 
I ride Danbury Xc regularly but it's pretty I rideable at the moment. It drains really well but will need a dry week/2 to recover.
Since Xmas I've lost a bottom bracket and rear mech in the swamp :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm 
Nice one, let's hope for a bit of dry weather!! Looks like I may need the mud tyres!! Any other places close to Billericay? Had a look around Langdon hill last time I was down that way but didn't find a great deal? Would love to do the Olympic course but seams a tad pricey!!

Gotta love winter riding, bye bye drive train!! Swamp!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 pm 
Not really anything all weather around these parts. Like said Danbury dries better than most but unridable at the moment.
Langdon hills isn't bad but you need to know where to go as again not sign posted. I have a few maps if needed.

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 pm 
Yeah got a tad lost tbh, but managed to find plenty of horses as there was some kind of race going on!! :/ any help on where to ride would be good as have a day to kill, the other half is on a training course so I thought it would be rude not to take the bike ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:20 am 
You can ride some of Hadleigh as a few of the paths on the downs have been gravelled Although none of the Olympic course is accessible unless you like climbing over fences etc

It doesn't matter what you ride