Forum

Post subject: Lapierre top link help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 pm 
I stripped my 2009 Lapierre spicy down 6 months ago for a respray while i was recovering from a back injury, and i have finally got round to reassembly. The problem is i cant remember how the bottom half of the top link goes back together. Its the bit where the top link/seat stay/shock all marry together. Whichever way i do it the bolt which goes through it is too short. I am sure the anodised fixation screws fix the seat stay and the top link, but with this configuration the bolt is too short. I would appreciate anyone who has assembled these parts that can help with a diagram or a few photos.

Thanks

Post subject: Lapierre top link help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:52 pm 
Neil wrote:
I stripped my 2009 Lapierre spicy down 6 months ago for a respray while i was recovering from a back injury, and i have finally got round to reassembly. The problem is i cant remember how the bottom half of the top link goes back together. Its the bit where the top link/seat stay/shock all marry together. Whichever way i do it the bolt which goes through it is too short. I am sure the anodised fixation screws fix the seat stay and the top link, but with this configuration the bolt is too short. I would appreciate anyone who has assembled these parts that can help with a diagram or a few photos.

Thanks

Give Nick Tonks a bell he knows about all things French and Lapierre

http://www.pedal-worx.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: lapierre top link help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 pm 
Cheers Spence & Ja....

Hello Neil, I can send pix and stuff but if you want to swing by and I'll happily put it back in the right order for ya ;)

--------------------------------------
SPS Santa Cruz V10c / Lapierre Spicy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm 
I am a fair way from thurrock so i couldnt get over till next week, but if you have some photos that would help so i can give it a go myself.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm 
Panic over i gave my workshop/office a good clearout and found a bolt which is an inch longer than the one i assumed was the correct one doh!!!! I have however discovered another problem and that is that there is a residue of powder coat inside the threads, so i need a tap to clean it out. I cant find any data but i measured the thread as m14 x 1.25 which if i am not mistaken is the same size as a spark plug. need a mechanic with a spark plug retapping tool now.