Forum

Post subject: Hi Folks - Southend/Hadleigh Area
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm 
Hi there. Just popped into say hi.

Been biking for a while now but a visit to my brothers chalet in Morzine last year got my hooked on DH and it was certainly an eye opener and my bike has gone through many changes since then, just bought a new Specialized BigHit on Ebay which should be waiting for me when I get home. :)

Anyway, Im in the Southend area and have been riding a lot in the Hadleigh Castle area and now know some good runs if anyone is interested, including some of the Olympic Track bits you can go on, including a rather terrifying step drop full of boulders. Pic attached.

Heres also a pic of a rather cool 'northshore' bit which unfortunatley you cant ride on 'officially' yet.

Andy
Attachments:
File comment: Northshore-ish!
bike2.jpg
bike2.jpg [ 57.14 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]
File comment: Drop !
bike1.jpg
bike1.jpg [ 56.49 KiB | Viewed 729 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hi Folks - Southend/Hadleigh Area
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 pm 
Hey dude,

I live in leigh-on-sea, i've got a hard tail but i do give it some on alot of trails! welcome :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:33 am 
Hey andydd - cheers for the pics - you will love the the big hit. Get it over to Danbury or PORC to give it a real work out.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 am 
Karve wrote:
Hey andydd - cheers for the pics - you will love the the big hit. Get it over to Danbury or PORC to give it a real work out.

Thanks, I've got a Spesh Enduro at the mo, but its got a crack in the seatpost and is about to die...I havnt been to Danbury yet, no car at the mo and it looks like a bit of a ride from South Woodam train station (which I assume is the nearest), what's PORC ?

Andy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am 
Hello & welcome to EHMTB - 8-)

--------------------------------------
What Goes Up - Must Come Down!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm 
Hello Andydd
Have you ridden in West Wood & Great wood by the golf courses and left of the old Vienna.
Worth having a look do you know?

Interesting photos

Edit: what the hell I'm talking about look looking

Last edited by Laser on Tue May 03, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:34 pm 
Laser wrote:
Hello Andydd
Have you ridden in West Wood & Great wood by the golf courses and left of the old vienna.
Worth having a look looking do you know?

interesting photos

Havnt been in West Woods since I was a kid, but by the woods by Old Vienna I assume you mean Belfairs Woods, yep sometimes ride upto there, not a bad little place will a downhill-ish section and some jumps lurking about at the end.

I've got some more photos, motsly of the illicit Olympic course, they sure like their rocks and boulders !..I have a nice scar on my shin due to them !

Andy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:33 am 
Hello and welcome Andydd,

I'm in the southend area and will soon be giving Hadleigh a go, maybe next Sunday 15th. Never been there before but am looking forward to exploring. I've got a green Kona Stuff so if you see me you can show me all the good bits.

--------------------------------------
Specialized sx trail 2

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 am 
Matt wrote:
Hello and welcome Andydd,

I'm in the southend area and will soon be giving Hadleigh a go, maybe next Sunday 15th. Never been there before but am looking forward to exploring. I've got a green Kona Stuff so if you see me you can show me all the good bits.

Cool..

I trend to be lazy and catch a train to Benfleet and ride/walk up the steep hill by the station and start from there and end up in leigh.

Ive GPS'ed my route at Sports Tracker, here, http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... dtkjv7pvtr

Not sure if you can go straight to that link or if you have to register, Ive got a Google maps version too somewhere.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:17 pm 
Hello people on canvey just dusted of my old patriot .
Love to get out on it I'm a lot rustier than the bike mind

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:20 am 
HHmm..Went there sunday and noticed that the olympic track bits which are actually in hadleigh county park (i.e rideable) have now been made unrideable thanks to huge wooden fences being put up..oh well..guess we can always wait and see what 'legacy' will be left, I hazard a guess..F.A !

Andy