Forum

Post subject: Newbie just picked up a voodoo bizango.
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:36 pm 
Hi all,

just picked up a voodoo bizangoo and really looking forward to riding it on some trails.
In fact, I am so excited, Im gonna take it out after work around 6pm.

Currently live in upminster so was wondering if anyone new some good places round there otherwise I will be taking it down to thorndon to see If I can find some bike trails (been trying to find some bike trail maps but nothing so far).

any tips or locations would be most appreciated.

Plus looking to get myself some clipless pedals and wondering if anyone had anythoughts about the some decent cheap ones that are compatible with some sports direct muddyfox shoes?

Next purchase is a bike rack (next months paycheck permitting of course) :high5:

Post subject: Re: newbie just picked up a voodoo bizango.
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:55 pm 
Is south weald park or redbridge cycle centre near you ?

Fairlop isn't a million miles away either.

keep you busy for a while

buy shimano pedals they are under £20

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 pm 
Upminster has a few bits but generally gravel tracks at various sections of the thames chase community forest. Russell is the best one to advise as I don't pay attention to the names of the sections when riding.

You have the main area of thames chase on Pike lane, then if you take the roads past stubbers you can get into the back of Belhus County park, a few bits of track through the woods there.

If you go to the bottom of Front lane and cross the A127 there is a section on the left as you go up the road opposite. its a nice long uphill drag for hill training, I try and do a circuit up the road and come back down the gravel run which can be fast and a little loose in spots.

From the car park at the top of this lane you can cross the M25 on a footbridge and follow the path to the bottom of Berredens lane, if you go left at the far end and down the hill just over the M25 there is a section off to the right, this will lead to the gallops down to Nags head lane and is a fast straight descent.

At the bottom you go left and will eventually come out in a lane that if you go right, you will come to a gate, you can call for it to be opend but I usually can t be arsed so just walk round the side. Turn left and you will have pages wood I think it is on the right, carry on going and cross the road at the traffic lights and theres a long descent towards the A127 basically follows hall lane. from there its back to Upminster. Its a nice 60-90 minute circuit depending on how many mini circuits you do.

You also have Hornchurch country park with some fun bits, join the river path at Hornchurch stadium and follow this until you get to the old airfield section then explore. You can then get from here to Berwick woods and onto belhus.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 am 
Wow that's some awesome guide you have put together, thank you very much. Going to try and do that circuit today.
Went to redbridge country park last night (cheers for that tip), had a decent ride except for the masses of horse sh## and boggy mud sections. Couple of people down there showed me a few good routes (cheers). Unfortunately I stayed a bit late and car got locked in their car park. Was missions to get out of there lol.

Think Im going to try out belhus woods this am hopefully my legs will carry me there,...muscles my body didn't understand existed are aching from yesterday lol.

Do you guys live around this area, If your heading out ever would definitely tag along.