Forum

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 am 
Hi everyone,

I've just moved to epping and came across your website. I really want to get riding and wondered if anyone has any advice of where I should start. I'm off work today so I thought I would go for a quick ride, any suggestions? I'm not a biker by any means and I have an old mountain bike from home to start with as I want to practice riding. Especially before I get a nice bike to ruin! If anyone has advice or wants to go biking today let me know.

Cheers

Chloe

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:24 am 
Welcome to the website ;)

Best advice from - just get out and ride ;) Then keep an eye on the ride calendar in the top right for group rides.

Good luck ;)

Stumpie

--------------------------------------
Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm 
Hi Chloe
if you want to dod some biking and keep yourself to yourself for a while, i would recommend going into the woods to the left going away from epping towards Theydon bois, there are a couple of hills, some fast bits and some grassy muddy bits, you could do a couple of laps there to suss out if your bike will be up to any tougher stuff.
alternatively ride up to high beech and you will find lots of roads there, you can ride along the roads and dip into the woods every now and again without getting too lost.
its very muddy at the moment so be prepared to get dirty :-)