Forum

Post subject: Another newbie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:15 pm 
Hi everyone, I've just got back into riding and building myself up to join a ride, I live in Romford so local to quite a few of you.

I've been riding solo over Bedfords Park and more recently Warley Gap which I'm enjoying as it reminds me of my BMX days back in the 80's :D

As soon as I can ride for a decent amount of time without feeling like my lungs have been kicked in I'll tag along, I'm itching to go to Danbury but need a bit longer yet to build my confidence.

Post subject: Re: Another newbie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:22 pm 
Thought warley had been flattened ?

welcome along :)

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 pm 
Yes I believe they have but on the other side of the road there is still some good trails and jumps and also this which is great fun, the photo doesn't do it justice and it's a lot bigger than what you can see in the photo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:26 am 
Cool, will have to go exploring !

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 am 
If you go in from behind the Ford building there is a nice trial to where the photo was taken, if you continue past this there is a few trials with berms and jumps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 am 
Shhh, don't tell everyone in case someone levels it! I love what the trail pixies have done here though, should be drying out nicely now, the only problem is the swamp at the bottom. Nice to have a bit of technical stuff locally without having to travel so far.
Wish someone would build stuff like this in Thorndon as well but I guess that isn't going to be allowed to happen, apart from teensy bits of off piste guerilla trails.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 am 
Known as Warley DH! cool few runs there , ride here first before Thorndon ;) Off work until next Friday if you lot are about!(cant do Saturday tho)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 am 
ParfedOut wrote:
Shhh, don't tell everyone in case someone levels it! I love what the trail pixies have done here though, should be drying out nicely now, the only problem is the swamp at the bottom. Nice to have a bit of technical stuff locally without having to travel so far.
Wish someone would build stuff like this in Thorndon as well but I guess that isn't going to be allowed to happen, apart from teensy bits of off piste guerilla trails.

There are afew little gems over Thorndon which you can link up & make a cool route ;)