Forum

Post subject: YT-Industries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:00 pm 
Well as some of you know, i have been looking for a new bike for free ride for a while but have not yet found the perfect one.
I came across this website the other day and someone on another forum has bought a downhill bike off it.

there are two free ride bikes that im looking at, one being a norton 6
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=6

and one being a tues- freeride 13
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=13
both bikes are sub £1900 , just want to know what people opinions are on them

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

Post subject: Re: YT-Industries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:36 pm 
I looked at the yt stuff for replacing my frame.

look like qaulity machines, i would say the norton would be more practical for riding which isnt just dh all the time.

when i asked about the tues they said they wouldnt have any in stock untill the autumn so that may be an issue for the norton as well

other thing is what are they like on dealing with any issues you have - and how is your german?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 pm 
They look really nice - Germany does have a lot of small not well known brands that really seem good - nox rose etc.

To add to joels points also consider resale value - no matter how good a bike it is if its not known on these shores it will be difficult to shift when you need to sell it. Nicolai is probably the most famous German brand over here and 70% of riders i meet don't know anything about them.

Having a local dealer really does count for a lot when things go tits up too.

Even if I didnt own its big brother, id be pickling up one of these http://www.birkenheadcycles.co.uk/smsim ... r_30-3.jpg for £1400. You can can take that frame in any direction (SS or DH) With the right parts you can ride World Cup races on them as the scott team did last year - very versatile as you find your feet in the long travel game. Plus there is a scott dealer in Buckhust Hill - no German required.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:29 pm 
Thanks for the help,

I was thinking about what happens if it does go wrong, and as it is in Germany plus the possible fact that it is not available till autumn it has put me of getting the bike

As for the Scott, in my opinion it will be in need of alot of upgrading, but would you say the standard spec is ok to start with, also , as i have not bought a full sus bike before , what would you say that shock is like, or would it be worth replacing it.

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"