Forum

Post subject: The king of bad luck!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:09 pm 
Right time for a rant!

My new orange five has been the nuts, fast, good climber, & very comfortable but ive have had some issues !
First of has a creeking noise, sent the forks of to MoJo via the bike shop which i brought it from 1 week came back 'no fault found' which later turned out to be the headset which orange sorted that was another week without the bike :cry: Just back from a afternoon ride over weald, had picked up some cotton along the way which had rapped itself round the hub. On removing this cotton i notice 5 loose spokes on the rear the wheel (27.5 stanes ZTR's flow)! nightmare i just wanna ride my bike :evil:

Post subject: Re: The king of bad luck!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:41 pm 
Sounds like bad luck but unfortunately.
Not had either orange or stans wheels for these reasons though. The Web is full of people who slate orange builds and say how noisy they are but as like I say not experienced it first hand.
I hope you get it sorted bud

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:12 pm 
Waited 5 years for the Enduro and it's had a few teething problems. The Bb will need changing weekly over the winter as is 80mm and PF brackets are 75 so a gap for crap. :(
Hope it gets sorted soon Si

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 pm 
Know someone else who had hub and headset problems on an orange 5.. Is yours all race face finishing kit too?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 pm 
Cheers peps ! Yep me headset was hope & hope lace the rims! My last set of ZTR's where 26" and fine! So don't know if it's the bigger wheels at fault ??? But will bell them Monday & get something sorted! :| P.s sorry it's all Hope finishing kit mate!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 pm 
Madasnibbor wrote:
Waited 5 years for the Enduro and it's had a few teething problems. The Bb will need changing weekly over the winter as is 80mm and PF brackets are 75 so a gap for crap. :(
Hope it gets sorted soon Si

Read this in MBR years ago and its seems to work..

Get a juice drink bottle from McDonalds, cut the bottom off and put a hole through the middle. Use as a BB cap
.Works a treat... Not waterproof but keeps a lot of grit out and deflects pressure washers.

The old axles used to be a good fit for washers made from 5mm of cut up old handle grips as well..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 pm 
Not had a problem with orange as such, just seems to be with hope upgrade pack I switched to! :( their after sales seems spot on! Just hassle dropped the wheels of to the BS ! Will try and get a demo for the week if I can!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 pm 
Sounds like your having a mare..!! Hope you get it sorted..
Hope's after service help is great ,
I had a BB spacing problem and they just sent me some parts free of charge to sort the problem ASAP...
I've not got an orange but am running Hope BB, Hubs, Headset, so far touch wood no problems.

Stay on target...!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 am 
I understand that the after sales service is great, but surely you shouldn't need it.

Bike piccys!

Post subject: The king of bad luck!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:14 pm 
Maybe the after sales is a well honed machine due to being used all the time, not something you want to keep using though... British built and all that...

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:37 pm 
;)

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 pm 
Sooo, was planning on giving Hope tech a bell this morning but thought I'd try Orange first for some advise. I had spoke to the bike shop on Saturday morning & was told that wheel tru should sort it! ( my last ZTR flow's 26'' where bomb proof! no wheel truing needed)!
I have been giving them a pasting since i got the bike, but surely not this soon ay :?:
Boxed the rear wheel up to day ready for DHL tomorrow back to Orange so they can look into it! Mark the warranty guy at Orange said on the phone that they don't purchase the wheels from Hope? they use another supplier? Which I thought was a strange 1, Hope hub's, DT Swiss spoke's & nipples and stan's rims made in the good old USA! so will update soon! P.S I know i'm not the only one with 650b problems!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm 
? Why the wheel going to Orange if the wheel is Stans.

What the turn round back by weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 pm 
Ok sent the wheel Tuesday & hopefully get it back tomorrow ! New spokes & nipples fitted and rebuilt by mr Vaughan Evans so all good ! Should get a tension check at first service ! Did look on the Stan's web page & they have had some issues regarding their 29er rim combos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:01 am 
What are the issues Simon? Is it the build or the product? Did they say why they come loose?
My sun ringles were recently very loose.

Bike piccys!