Forum

Post subject: Chicksands - Sunday 29th
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:49 am 
Hi I'm heading down to chicksands on the 29th ( this Sunday coming ) and was wondering if anyone about be cool to meet up.
Havnt be down there for a while so going be very rusty...
Hopefully I'll be down there about 11ish look out for a silver golf in the car park or some dude crashing a gold/copper 09 specialized sxtrail..

Post subject: Re: Chicksands - Sunday 29th
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 pm 
Hello mate - there seems to be a bit of a lack of enthusiasm from people I talk to, about heading over there at the mo which is a shame as its so local we should all be getting over there loads.

Let us know how its running and if any work has been done anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 am 
I would get over there but have not got a bike at the mo,( saving hard as we speak lol )

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:37 pm 
Karve wrote:
Hello mate - there seems to be a bit of a lack of enthusiasm from people I talk to, about heading over there at the mo which is a shame as its so local we should all be getting over there loads.

Thanks for the heads up... any reason why?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 pm 
chingfordvin wrote:
I would get over there but have not got a bike at the mo,( saving hard as we speak lol )

You could go... Just run down the track pretending your on a bike lol....
Good luck with the saving mate what bike you saving for?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 pm 
Dagzin wrote:
Karve wrote:

Thanks for the heads up... any reason why?

A lot of the shore has been torn down and nothing built up to replace it as yet - there is just less than there was a few years back which is a shame as it has so much potential. Check out Woburn and you will see what can be done in a plot half the size. For 4x its still superb however

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:43 am 
Hi all,specialized big hit will do me nicely tyvm ;)

Post subject: Chicksands - Sunday 29th
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:11 am 
Chicksands gets a mention in this months Dirt. They are building a pumptrack (designed by Tom Dowie), a skills loop with progressively sized tables, some left and right berms for practising on and a new mini-DH line. It's been held up by the dry weather - too dry to dig.

--------------------------------------
I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:13 pm 
trax wrote:
Chicksands gets a mention in this months Dirt. They are building a pumptrack (designed by Tom Dowie), a skills loop with progressively sized tables, some left and right berms for practising on and a new mini-DH line. It's been held up by the dry weather - too dry to dig.

It's about time they got digging - been a while since they have had anything new.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:56 am 
Had a good day at chicksands yesterday... The 4x track has changed, also the dual slalom had a makeover, as also the bottom of the snake run has changed...no northshore, no laderdrops, no wallride.
Spoke to one of the maintenance crew he was saying that the ground is to hard to dig and have to wait for alot of rain...
But plans for a pump track where the northshore was, also a downhill run and another downhill run on the other side of the 4x track going down and along the bottom...
So sounds good to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 am 
Nice one Dagzin and glad to hear you had a good one - sweet to hear its running well.

I really hope they get round to doing new stuff and not just tweaking their ever shrinking number of features. The pump track was first mentioned 18 months ago and its been plenty wet since then. See here http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/news/. I think im at the stage where im 'if i see it i believe it' with chicksands - which is unlike me as im usually amped about local spots.

If my bag was DJ or 4x im sure id have a different view as it still attracts a good crowd for that.

Was it busy?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm 
Yeah it was dry n fast.. Spent most of my time on the dual and downhill runs my sx loves em...
When I got there, there was only 2 other people, but by 11ish it started to get busy, but not overly busy