Forum

Post subject: Bank Holiday Monday 30th May Epping Ride
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 am 
Anyone out today? I'll be out at Bury Road from 11am and will be making my way through the forest to high beech.

If you see me, I'm on a silver Turner, you can't miss me, stop me and tag along.

Post subject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday 30th May Epping Ride
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 am 
Maybe out in this afternoon, though still debating to myself whether I go for an Epping ride or 50 mile road ride.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am 
I'm debating mtb or road ride and I have to run after...just not feeling it yet - maybe I need another coffee after watching Dexter until 1am and drinking wine :roll:

P.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:15 am 
I will be about this afternoon. I am doing a family ride now, but after that I am out on the 29er!

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 am 
Peet wrote:
I'm debating mtb or road ride and I have to run after...just not feeling it yet - maybe I need another coffee after watching Dexter until 1am and drinking wine :roll:

P.

lol. Road ride has won the day - going out towards Matching Green then chill for a while in a counrty pub before struggling back (always a struggle after a pint of cider and some pork scratchings) :)

Which kind of got me thinking that weshould do an Epping Forest pub crawl one Sunday taking in pubs such as The Warren Wood, Foresters Arms, Duke of Wellington, The Volunteer, Sixteen String Jack to name a few. Maybe a mid summers celebration ride?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 pm 
It was a good ride, a few other mates turned up and we headed off. Ride was spoilt by my gears not working and was stuck in 2nd, nailed the massive log at high beech. Then snapped my hanger doing 180 bunnyhops.

I won't be out for a while seemed to have pulled something in my foot plus I'm working on building a new bike, something unique.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm 
MCHardmanUK wrote:
, nailed the massive log at high beech.

which log?

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 am 
Sorry I never took up your offer, I kept an eye out for you but didn't see you. We left the tea hut area about 12:10 and managed to find a couple of good runs down the hill. One was what could only be described as a black run and we went round everything apart from one little log that I tried to go over and found a bright green snake on the other side, I cleared it though :)
Then we found an easier one with a little tabletop in a bombhole. After riding up the hill twice though we'd had enough and went to Broxbourne woods which was really good.