Forum

Post subject: Relocated from across the pond
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:36 pm 
Hi all,
I'm Rich and live in the Highgate/Crouch End area. Been looking for mt bike trails and a group to join up for rides and found you guys through your map of local trails. I am over from NY for the next two years and am looking to get back into trail riding. Used to ride a lot in North Eastern US but got squished by a car on a road ride in 2010. The shoulder is finally at the point i can test it out.

I am riding an old Cannondale F900 which i upgraded a few times, still need to replace the rear derailleur which got wrecked in a race in 2009 (if anyone has a spare they are looking to get rid of let me know). So you can see it has been a while. If the shoulder works I will be interested in getting a full suspension so would be interested in what others are riding now a days.

I'll keep my eye out for any ride postings and see if I can join. i have full lights so would be interested in night rides also.

Thanks
Rich

Post subject: Re: Relocated from across the pond
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:44 pm 
Hi Rich, and welcome to the U.K :wave: . I'm sure there will be plenty of rides posted for you to test your shoulder on. As for the rear mech, what are you looking for? you have upgraded before so is it 10, 9 or 8 speed. What make of shifter are you running?

--------------------------------------
GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

Post subject: Re: Relocated from across the pond
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:57 pm 
On there now is a 9 speed XTR rapidrise long cage (bent). At this point I don't care, just want to get the bike working, so any shimano 9s, figured I would try posting on here first otherwise i'll pick something cheap online.

Last time I rode was in 2012 at Nembafest in Vermont where I tried some sweet full suspensions and 29ers (Yeti, Rocky Mountain, Trek, Jamis), and realized how out dated the geometry i am riding is, so don't want to invest anymore into the F900.