Forum

Post subject: Uplifts - Insurance - E BIkes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:27 pm 
Seems like uplifts are getting shafted by British Cycling

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WDMBA/15 ... 52?fref=ts

makes for a good read - especially Robs points on ebikes. Ive always thought that ebikes are a good idea instead of uplifting. Cheaper and a lot less hassle. And if done on fire roads probably more environmentally friendly.

Post subject: Re: Uplifts - Insurance - E BIkes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 am 
First ebike I ever saw was last Sunday at Cannock... watched the guy wizz up the climb before Little Cliff (I think).

Amazballs - but totally cheating!!!

--------------------------------------
Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:44 am 
Jon wrote:
Seems like uplifts are getting shafted by British Cycling

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WDMBA/15 ... 52?fref=ts

makes for a good read - especially Robs points on ebikes. Ive always thought that ebikes are a good idea instead of uplifting. Cheaper and a lot less hassle. And if done on fire roads probably more environmentally friendly.

Can you copy the text ? i can't read FB at work :(

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 am 
Found this....

http://wideopenmag.co.uk/news/24857/upl ... us-trouble

Bike pics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 am 
"WDMBA is in serious trouble here people....I have been trying and trying to get public / event liability insurance to cover our uplifts since the governing body of cycling in the UK - British Cycling decided to stop insuring MTB Uplifts... I have contacted over 30 different insurance companies with every single one of them sending a thanks but no thanks email / phone call in return as they don't really understand what it is that they are insuring.

With the bus in the graveyard (pretty much) and this insurance problem then unless we are thrown a fcuking long life line then we are no more.

If you know of anyone that can help please let me know, we MUST have insurance to continue and we have tried the insurance companies that other uplifts use (but as we are purely just an uplift for those who do insure the likes of BPW and Cwmdown then we don't have enough to add in MTB Uplifts).

We are still trying but it aint looking good."

Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 pm 
stumpie wrote:
First ebike I ever saw was last Sunday at Cannock... watched the guy wizz up the climb before Little Cliff (I think).

Yea I think thats going to be the tricky thing with ebikes... riding one round Cannock is a bit rubbish really but using one to get up the fireroad while in full Armour at say FOD / Gawton makes more sense. Its a fine line and will depend on users being 'sensible' which we all know wont work. I think if they are used to directly replace what would normally be an uplift or huge push up, i cant find too much wrong with that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:43 pm 
Jon wrote:
stumpie wrote:

Yea I think thats going to be the tricky thing with ebikes... riding one round Cannock is a bit rubbish really but using one to get up the fireroad while in full Armour at say FOD / Gawton makes more sense. Its a fine line and will depend on users being 'sensible' which we all know wont work. I think if they are used to directly replace what would normally be an uplift or huge push up, i cant find too much wrong with that.

AMEN to that on Aston Hills push up!

Bike pics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:56 pm 
Had a rep bring me an ebike to test out, it was a Haibike XDURO Fullseven RC, they are brilliant! instantly so much fun. Ebikes have come a long way and if I had the money I know what I would be riding for Christmas!