Forum

Post subject: Never biked but it looks blinding
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:50 pm 
Im around Essex area, never rode before other than down the concreate road, used to Skate a lot in my youth but since have settled into a life of working not much else!

Dont have a mountain bike but thought I would join up and eventually come out for a ride, a bike would be a good start though.

Any pointers?

Post subject: Re: Never biked but it looks blinding
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:07 pm 
Welcome along, best advice iwould give is to start off with a hardtail (less to go wrong, lighter and more likely to learn the correct way to ride/correct bike skills). Depending on your budget start buy looking second hand if anything below £500 (as anything new at this price will be crap and will spend a small fortune changing parts), anything above and the world is your oyster. Have a look at an on one 456 as a good second hand starter bike

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 pm 
Welcome dude. Ditto Matts advice - a solid hardtail is the best way to get started. Whats ur budget?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:14 am 
blakeo1987 wrote:
Im around Essex area, never rode before other than down the concreate road, used to Skate a lot in my youth but since have settled into a life of working not much else!

Dont have a mountain bike but thought I would join up and eventually come out for a ride, a bike would be a good start though.

Any pointers?

Getting into MTB'ing will be the best thing you could do, and I have the perfect bike to get you started, ready to go.

http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/selling-buying/roll-roll-chatman-bike-bits-for-sale-t6161.html

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:55 am 
I used to skate a lot to, never quite shaken it off but riding has deffinatly taken over. before you choose a bike think about howyou used to skate and what your likley to want to do on the bike. I used to love stairs and rails and genrally hooning about and that has translated into the way i ride...

A hardtail is a great place to start as its relativly cheep and is a hell of a lot of fun, but they cover a huge range of riding styles. An aggessive all mountain hard tail will feel very diffrent to a 29 inch cross counrty beast. Be honest with your self, what sort of riding do you want to do? will you want to jump it and chuck it around or are you happy to rack up the miles?. Thaere will be a lot of cross over between bikes but its something to think about.