Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: So what do you think of Hadleigh?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 am 
Had a response back from Hadleigh Park:

Hi Jamie,
Yes, as part of these first few weeks of getting feedback before we officially open, we have ordered more signage for the track and will be adding directional arrows to the maps to help people, we are also looking to have a bigger safety sign about helmets. Thanks for your feedback

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: So what do you think of Hadleigh?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:09 am 
Well they better not hang about getting it all up!

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 am 
The signs need to make it very clear which options are red, black and blue at each of the significant drops.

Specialized Enduro Comp 2015

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 am 
I might give it a go in the rain this Sunday just to see what is going to be like :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:01 pm 
MyNameIsDave wrote:
The signs need to make it very clear which options are red, black and blue at each of the significant drops.

They do have these now before each of the sections, big tall wooden poles, they denote the Blue, Red, Black severity

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 pm 
They need a very large sign 'GAP JUMP AHEAD' , seen many come up short or breaking half way down the approach ramp, gonna end in tears

Shelfside

CUBE STEREO SUPER SL HPC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:04 am 
May 4th carpark still free

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 pm 
Signage still missing, see loads of riders going wrong way, talked to a few and explained errors of there way, see one family about to head down a up hill section, all family and young daughter on trail bike attached to dads, jeeeez

Again loads of riders with no helmets on riding the sections why oh why, and walkers on the trials walking in the sections, explained to one guy about to walk down the leap of faith, not the best idea.

Loads of parking and not too busy today... Cafe prices are a bit £££ though, coffee, chips and cheese burger £6

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm 
We were up there Sunday and it was deadly with the wet rocks and mud, nearly ended up a cropper on oak drop with not being able to control speed. Apparently 7 accidents including 2 air ambulances, on Sunday a guy we were chatting to came off on dean's drop and broke both wrists and today a young boy came off just after the rock garden and had facial injuries and was coughing up blood. We saw people throwing balls for dogs across tracks, and children in carriers on bikes going round the pump track. Lots of issues to sort out before someone is seriously hurt.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 pm 
Yea forgot to add we see a dad on bike, cloth hat on and baby on back seat attachment with a helmet on, going around the pump track... Madness

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:13 am 
I hope they sort out the signs as I can see it getting closed otherwise.

99% of it looks like Telly Tubby land so think even experienced riders are being caught out by the half dozen or so features....

And they keep saying they can't enforce wearing a helmet as it's as good as public land BUT it's not public land... it's owned by SA (isn't it?)... so surely they are liable if somebody makes a claim - it's not like we even sign a disclaimer before riding!

I think they've got themselves set-up all wrong on the safety front and I can't see it being allowed to carry on.

Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:06 am 
Send you feedback to Hadleigh Park. Must be a email address.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 am 
Neil wrote:
We were up there Sunday and it was deadly with the wet rocks and mud, nearly ended up a cropper on oak drop with not being able to control speed. Apparently 7 accidents including 2 air ambulances, on Sunday a guy we were chatting to came off on dean's drop and broke both wrists and today a young boy came off just after the rock garden and had facial injuries and was coughing up blood. We saw people throwing balls for dogs across tracks, and children in carriers on bikes going round the pump track. Lots of issues to sort out before someone is seriously hurt.

Thats just scary but inevitable. I can see it being shut down before too long until they get these things sorted and re-opened. Its not as if its 2012 and they did it all in a rush?

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:06 am 
It's an olympic grade track at the end of the day not a flat road. People should know their limits and not attempt the drops until they have enough experience plus it's a common sense to wear some basic protection.
The loose gravel on the berms is a problem and you got to be aware all the time. I did stop and removed loose stones on several places but they seems to be coming back again after awhile. it will require continuous upkeep of the track to keep it safe.
Also big complain the course seems to be eating my rear tire really quick :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 am 
I'm not going back any time soon. Not after reading all of the above.

Specialized Enduro Comp 2015

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next