Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 am 
Its not a public park its not chicksands, or the olympic park, there is no funding theres no charge to ride and everyone who respects the place is welcome. it has been built over many years with shear bloody hard work buy a very small group of riders with a love of the small place we have managed to carve out for ourselves.
Its a result of giving up countless days when we could all be with our friends/ family/ working, working through everything the british winter has to throw at you, stood in the freezing rain up to your knees in mud. On top of that you know theres no chance of riding what your building for months while you then wait for everything to dry out. We do not build in the spring when the ground is dry.

Now with the spring everyone comes to ride and the litter, blown out jumps and vandels return with them. If quarter of the people who say they will help build actually turned up in the winter it would be managable but we all know this never happens.

Sorry if i sound like a dick but this is what happens year after year after year. I know on here im kinda preaching to the converted. Please everyone is welcome to ride this is what we build for. But while you there think, pick up your shit, and maybe come backwith a shovel after october when its rotten and were actually building again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 am 
ggg wrote:
Its not a public park its not chicksands, or the olympic park, there is no funding theres no charge to ride and everyone who respects the place is welcome. it has been built over many years with shear bloody hard work buy a very small group of riders with a love of the small place we have managed to carve out for ourselves.
Its a result of giving up countless days when we could all be with our friends/ family/ working, working through everything the british winter has to throw at you, stood in the freezing rain up to your knees in mud. On top of that you know theres no chance of riding what your building for months while you then wait for everything to dry out. We do not build in the spring when the ground is dry.

Now with the spring everyone comes to ride and the litter, blown out jumps and vandels return with them. If quarter of the people who say they will help build actually turned up in the winter it would be managable but we all know this never happens.

Sorry if i sound like a dick but this is what happens year after year after year. I know on here im kinda preaching to the converted. Please everyone is welcome to ride this is what we build for. But while you there think, pick up your shit, and maybe come backwith a shovel after october when its rotten and were actually building again.

I think that is fair.

It is a wicked spot and well looked after. keep it that way.

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:07 am 
I still dont know where this bit is, id love to come give it a try in June after im done with my exams

GT Chucker XS1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 pm 
Hello there right I'm new to biking and new to this forum just wanted to know how I can get involved at Enfield jumps? Been places like Danbury but just want to try and help out different places thanks in advance James

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:37 am 
Hi james. Just turn up and ride with us. We're always working on something and the help is always apreatiated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 pm 
:high5:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:39 am 
Is that you dude?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:24 am 
Hi

I text you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 pm 
Looking on riding the trails on tThursday I am happy to help out so I can ride and pointed in the right direction

Awesome thankyou

Dave.

Post subject: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:28 pm 
I've recently re-located to Enfield and sorted myself out with another hardtail. Enfield Jumps is local to me & I'd love to get involved. Being Northern Irish I don't mind being out in the rain either!

Let me know when you're there next and I'll pop along with my spade!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:52 pm 
Easy this sunday is the next time well all be up. there maybe one or two of us inbetween but sunday we usaly all meet

Post subject: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:08 pm 
Cheers mate. Where do you meet and what time? I still don't know my way in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 am 
How is it riding atm?
back in the area next weekend and gonna pop back over, been farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to long since i last rode there

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 am 
Easy. It's ok the tops not bad but the bottoms still pretty wet. It all involves a bit more cranking than usuall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:05 pm 
Hi guys been reading this forum and seems the local riders have been doing a grand job on these trails. I was wondering if these trails are still here today as ive read that they may have been knocked down. I know the location isnt made public. I drove around today in that area and couldnt find it. Would be great if its still there as me and a few pals wouldnt mind riding and also busting out the shovel for digging needs. I can dig like a ninja haha but may need a bit of guidance when it comes to trails. Cheers if anyone can help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next