Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: So what do you think of Hadleigh?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:48 am 
Holy thread resurrection Batman, my first time at Hadleigh yesterday and agree with a lot that has been written above.
I found it challenging, and did a couple of laps mainly of the red route, and then the blue after coming a cropper in that big rock garden and coming out lucky not to break something. Either side of that feature now very muddy and slippy as most people seem to avoid it, so they could lay some gravel for an all weather chicken run there as its pretty steep.
Had been avoiding black sections but on my last lap I had a crack at the northshore gap jump (having done the right hand woodwork for previous laps) and got a huge buzz - I know it isn't technically hard but more of a mental block.

It is a great venue, the hub, plenty of parking, relatively good all weather riding without much slop. Very demanding in places, I couldn't clear some of the uphill technical rocky and rooty bits as just couldn't hold momentum.
Is it as fun as places like Swinley, Surrey Hills, or Bedgebury? Well no, not really, it doesn't flow that well and you ĺose hard earned height too quickly, so it is more a grueling set of challenges with fairly boring link sections. I think we're lucky to have it and its great if you live nearby, but more somewhere to head once in a while rather than every weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:41 pm 
Well done Parfedout on gap jump 8-)

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:39 am 
I went there about a month ago and thought the signage could be improved. I really enjoyed the black runs and was surprised as I didn't expect them to be so "black"! Makes me appreciate the XC folks more. I'm more into proper downhill and enduro/gravity but would definitely go back.

Personally thought food prices were OK.

Where on earth was there a north shore gap? Did I totally miss it? Photos?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:27 am 
It's between deans drop rock garden and the duel slarmen section, its not big at all and it can be avoided

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am 
Just saw it on YouTube, didn't miss much then! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 pm 
I looked at the vids on youtube after as well, and realised that basically a 6 year old on a BMX can do it. I felt deflated. I'm sure the right camera angle could make it look more gnarly though :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:57 pm 
Gap jump been made smaller not that I did it before, trail/track breaking up in places. Doesn't look like it's being maintained.
Still nasty loose in places.

Can't see it lasting a year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm 
Not my cup of tea at all!

super over priced, dangerous , (people riding wrong way etc!)

Loose (with I like) , tiny wash out berms !

zero maintenance.

easier to stick a spade in the ground over my local & ride country lanes during winter months :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:21 pm 
Only been there 2-3 times but within the hour I get bored. Its just too repetitive. OK if you go with mated for a laugh and banter but that's about it. Nothing comes close to natural trails.

--------------------------------------
MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6