Forum

Post subject: Yt capta al XL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 am 
Hi

Any one got a capra al in XL that i could throw a leg over please? Just want to sit on one and test the sizing

Thanks

Post subject: Re: yt capta al XL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 pm 
Hi Mate

I have a capra CF comp 1 in large, think the Al and cf frame dimensions are identical, you could check out mine if it helps.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 am 
Hey bingo wings - what are you currently riding. Does it fit ok? I find you can get a really good idea of fit just from comparing geo charts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 am 
I'm a big believer of forward geomentry bike sizing (long top tube, short stem). I'm only 5.9 height wise and by most biking standards i would full on to a meiduim size frame, with frames that are a little be old skool in there fit I tend to prefer the next size up (have done this with my banshee as riding a large). For the capra i for my size i would pick a large so if you are much taller than me an extra large frame would be best

Banshee frame
Toptube length on a medium: 595
Toptube length on a large: 615
Toptube length on a XL: 640

Capra frame
Toptube length on a medium: 581
Toptube length on a large: 607
Toptube length on a XL: 625

Have a look on the forum for a post i put up about sizing for some good links to read

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47 pm 
Hi thanks all and for the offer of a ride but i got to swing leg over one by chance out on the trails the other day and i think was just too short in reach for me.
I just got bit excited by the price and spec i think lol.

So i am back to looking at the kona process 153 and the whyte g160 both very similar reach and geo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:42 pm 
bingowings wrote:
Hi thanks all and for the offer of a ride but i got to swing leg over one by chance out on the trails the other day and i think was just too short in reach for me.
I just got bit excited by the price and spec i think lol.

So i am back to looking at the kona process 153 and the whyte g160 both very similar reach and geo

I was wondering what is your height and did you try L or XL?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:28 am 
I am 185 cm it was an xl it wasnt small by any means it was still about an extra 10mm reach then my large enduro but i sold that as felt bit cramped up and like the confidence you get from more modern geo of having that extra front centre length

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:33 pm 
bingowings wrote:
I am 185 cm it was an xl it wasnt small by any means it was still about an extra 10mm reach then my large enduro but i sold that as felt bit cramped up and like the confidence you get from more modern geo of having that extra front centre length

Thanks bingowings,

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:57 pm 
bingowings wrote:
Hi

Any one got a capra al in XL that i could throw a leg over please? Just want to sit on one and test the sizing

Thanks

Hi Scott,

Would it be possible to test for size your capra if you are not too far from Romford? No riding just to sit on it.I am about to order the new AL1 in size L in it will be really good to get the feel of the bike before i place the order.
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:35 pm 
I'm on a Capra Al I'm 5'11 and have a large but would say any taller would need xl especially if you are long in the leg. Having said that the one niggle I've found is that on real steep descents the seat isn't out of the way enough so that makes the size decision harder as I'd imagine it's worse on an xl.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:57 am 
hannibal wrote:
I'm on a Capra Al I'm 5'11 and have a large but would say any taller would need xl especially if you are long in the leg. Having said that the one niggle I've found is that on real steep descents the seat isn't out of the way enough so that makes the size decision harder as I'd imagine it's worse on an xl.

Thanks mate.
I'm 5.9 and they recommend size M. as this is an enduro and not an all mountain bike as they put it.
However when I look at the frame geom numbers I should get L or even XL I guess it's one of the perils getting direct from them :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 am 
If you are 5.9" a large would be perfect, think it comes with a 50mm stem so still room to adjust fit to suit. Can always try mine as well for fit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:35 am 
That would be great if I can. Where about are you riding normally?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:46 am 
Brentwood so normally thorndon as well as Danbury, Hadleigh, and Surrey hills regularly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:58 am 
Excellent very close. Going out any time this week?