Forum

Post subject: Thetford
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 pm 
Got an unexpected free day tomorrow and the weathers looking good so thinking of heading to Thetford Forest for the first time.
Anyone been and can share if its a good ride (compared to say Swinley or Bedgebury)?

Post subject: Re: Thetford
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:16 pm 
Flat as a pancake . . .
a few very short sections that are ok (less then 30 seconds)
lots of pedaling

dont park at high lodge is very expensive, park at brandon and pedal over to high lodge (5 10 mins) and save yourself £6 - £7

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:34 pm 
Beaten to it yes everyone seems to say it flat.
Liz & Co went yesterday (Sun) said it was very dry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:02 pm 
There is 1 20-30 second section called the beast thats fun, otherwise fairly bland.
Cant recall exactly what they call the routes but i think one is red which is mainly double track and second black which is single track mainly flat through trees with the beast section. Lots of sections are like yomps and fairly teadious to ride. Given the choice I would drive to bedgebury over thetford. Only bonus is its sand so drains well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 pm 
I've always had a soft spot for Thetford. It is flat, but there is lots of flowy singletrack. There is waymarked trails that go out from High Lodge, and plenty of unmarked stuff going from Brandon Country Park if you're happy to explore.

At the bottom of the Beast you can turn right and right again and ride back to the top. There are 2 or three different runs alongside the Beast which are also fun.

It is pedally, and definitely a Marmite kind of place. The faster you pedal, the better it is. If you've got a hardtail, I'd recommend taking that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:26 am 
Thetford is ok for the mileage.there are some good sections and some not so good.I will say ride the loop that includes the beast,that is the better loop.the other "red" loop is ok but alot more pedally and if you do ride that loop dont bother doing the add on.its more of a chore than fun to ride!the beast is a fun section and there is 2 other runs alongside it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:18 am 
If you look on the "pictures and videos" thread I posted a video of Thetford a few weeks back where I took the wife and kids round the red (the old black) it's had some work done as you'll see but if you want a trail centre testing ride, this is not the place.

Pedal-worx racing

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg