Forum

Post subject: Bishops stortford riders
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 pm 
Hi I'm new to the site and just wondered if there any bikers in bishops Stortford?I have been biking and building in Stortford for ages now but I'm struggling to meet new people to ride with and really struggling for people to help dig our tracks and trails.if anyone wants to know where I build and fancies helping out just let me know.

Post subject: Re: bishops stortford riders
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 pm 
I might be up for it mate when do you usually ride / build

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 pm 
Usually ride on Sundays mate.its nothing huge what we build nor is it a big hill but the push ups are short and the trails are fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 pm 
Hey there, whereabouts in stortford you building this, i know the area well and am just down the road in thaxted?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 pm 
We used to have a spot behind the cricket pitches,which I suppose is still there but the new spot is along river in between the nature reserve and pig lane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:18 pm 
I put this in the xc section by mistake its not actually xc its short dh/fr lines with berms and booters.good ground aswell with a nice mix of sand and loam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:53 am 
Hi, im in stortford, i usually ride in hertford, Tuesdays, thursdays and sundays. but am trying to get a bit fitter and will probably try and do something on two other evenings, definitely mondays if you like. i dont have time to build so i wouldnt expect to try the trails youve done

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:25 pm 
Hi guys, what's in Hertford? By the way I'm 38 so no spring chicken anymore!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:05 pm 
Lestershaw wrote:
hi, im in stortford, i usually ride in hertford, Tuesdays, thursdays and sundays. but am trying to get a bit fitter and will probably try and do something on two other evenings, definitely mondays if you like. i dont have time to build so i wouldnt expect to try the trails youve done

Turn up and ride mate it doesn't you cant build with us just looking for more people to ride with.im generally out on my own or with one other person so more people to ride with is good!mostly only about on Sundays and some Saturdays when we build and ride.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:19 pm 
Ok, thanks very much for the offer, is it ok if i take a look monday evening, i think i know where you mean :-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:26 pm 
Yes mate head down.if you come from the canoe club way there is an entrance where a gate has fallen down on the big river bend after the nature reserve just keep walking thru the woods til the end or from pig lane end there is an entrance after the small concrete bridge.im not around in the evenings unfortunately as i work dodgy hours at FedEx but always on sundays

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:36 pm 
Ok thanks very much, ill message you when ive been, i know where it is now :-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:38 pm 
Cool mate no worries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:35 pm 
You might notice some tyre tracks at your place. i tried to ride your new run on my fat bike, couldnt quite make the double.
if the weather is ok, i might come over sunday midday:-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:25 pm 
Its nice to have people come down and ride!!after having over 300 hits on this thread your the only one who has come down.but yet there are loads of bikers in Stortford,I've seen them.they are around!!the run just needs the finishing jump now,a big old sender!!