Forum

Post subject: What I learned..!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm 
Well, what did I learn.. :geek:
Over the weekend I learned that Nobby Nic's on the rear are just no good in soft wet mud. :( and Magic Mary's on the front are awesome in soft wet mud.. :D

I also learned that my opinion on dropper posts has changed dramatically, why you ask..?
My old thinking was they were just used by manufactures as marketing hype for you to buy more stuff..
But now I know the real reason for dropper posts..!!
I came off the bike twice due to the seat being in the way, the first time was getting my shorts hooked on the nose of the seat :crazy: ,and the second time was coming down some stairs the seat knocking me off balance :x
Who remembers buckaroo as a child take that image, now put me on that horse.. :lol:

So it's looks like a dropper post is now on my shopping list....!!
Oh and some knee pads.... :D

--------------------------------------
Stay on target...!!

Post subject: Re: What I learned..!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:17 pm 
Nobby Nics have never been a tyre that i think works (i know plenty of people do though) No sideways grip in the mud.

Dropper posts are a must, Even No1's bike has one now.

Knee pads are used everytime i get on the bike, how often are they used? rarely. but you know that one time you dont is when you're gonna need them. I forgot them at a race last year and i was thinking more about my knees than racing.

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm 
I use a dropper post to get on and off my bike more easily - its an essential for me ;)

#getting-old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm 
Lol

Pedal-worx racing

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 pm 
Sorry, but I read this and thought:

Snoooooo....

...ooop :lol:

Normal service can now resume :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:46 am 
Jon wrote:
I use a dropper post to get on and off my bike more easily - its an essential for me ;)

#getting-old

Me too!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 am 
I too thought it was a bit gimmicky until I got my Canyon Strive a few years ago with one on. It transformed my ride! Won't go without one now, was my first addition to my new hardtail. Also I'm an old man and agree with the above! I wonder if Stannah do a dropper post to compliment their stair lifts?? lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:53 am 
Nobby Nics, very soft sidewalls , had trouble with 1 due to sealant leaking out! CRC refunded x2 tyres due to sidewalls perishing!

Fast & light, which is sold as a AM just not the case! see soo many explode at Ard Rock!

swap it mate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:04 pm 
Jon wrote:

#getting-old

Brake, stop, seat down, foot down.
Droppers are like dishwashers; once you've had one, you can't go back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:14 pm 
I've had a nobby Nic on two bikes on the rear of two hardtails and have never had any trouble with them.I run the tubeless tyre but with tubes,sounds stupid I know but dont trust going tubeless!never had any trouble riding fod or in wales with it though,hitting some well alot of rocks and roots.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm 
I run my Nobby Nic tubeless never had any problems in the summer but it just sucks now in gloopy winter no grip..

Postman arrived today with stans sealant so I can put my Dirty Dan on tomorrow.. :D

Me too #getting-old :lol:

Stay on target...!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:57 pm 
Bit off track but for tubless set up try gorilla tape instead of special tape. May be just lucky but I can inflate tubless with a hand pump since I made the switch. I can't think of £3.00 quid that's made me smile more in a long time

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 pm 
RedTwo wrote:
I run my Nobby Nic tubeless never had any problems in the summer but it just sucks now in gloopy winter no grip..

Postman arrived today with stans sealant so I can put my Dirty Dan on tomorrow.. :D

Me too #getting-old :lol:

I must be quite lucky because I mostly ride chicksands and my local.chicksands obviously is sandy and my local is a mix of loam and sand with a shedload of pebbles thrown in for good measure so I suppose that's why tyres rock there but my parents live in fod and go there alot and have not really had a problem down there with the Nic on the back.sliding is fun anyway!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:38 am 
I don't mind the sideways fun.. :lol: But peddling in a straight line wheel spinning is no fun.. :(

Stay on target...!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:09 am 
ggg wrote:
Bit off track but for tubless set up try gorilla tape instead of special tape. May be just lucky but I can inflate tubless with a hand pump since I made the switch. I can't think of £3.00 quid that's made me smile more in a long time

Yep this is the stuff to use, don't need to spend silly money of tape any-more, waterproof, hard wearing, easy to apply :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A