Forum

Post subject: Meribel / Three Valleys
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:53 pm 
Not on the usual list of destinations but there's a fair few really great trails and quality features in the Three Valleys. Runs are typically much longer than Morzine / Les gets (as an example), and have hardly anyone on them! Really great trails off Meribel / Les Menuires resorts. Need to plan a bit as lifts are somewhat erratic opening but Meribel has the top spot with most days running and great trails. Quality long single track big descent run into Saint Martin de Belleville from top of Meribel lift and also acces to a massive single track descent into Moutiers but you need to phone book the free bus uplift back! Highly recommended :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Meribel / Three Valleys
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:19 am 
DH or enduro bike? We found the bike park was really badly signposted (2015), lacking in decent trails and wouldn't go back. We payed to get guided around the park, so I'm sure we rode all the runs of note, including the WC track that wasn't shown on the trail map. Ended up doing enduro trails on DH bikes down to Brides-Les-Bains, guided by a friendly local. Maybe we didn't find the good stuff.

Post subject: Re: Meribel / Three Valleys
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 pm 
Certainly the whole area is much more focused for Enduro riding, but imo you still can have fun with big bike on certain runs, but your right not DH for a week. I only rode the St Martin de Bellvile valley in 2015 (Les Menuires/ Val Thorens/ lower SMB) as the links to Meribel were poor as they were changing out a liaison lift last year, so only rode once over there. From local chats the signposting is far better this year and certainly enhanced in the valley I'm in. There's no bike park in Meribel imo. Not sure if you got into the Belleville valley, but certainly trail enhancing been happening. Main seller is lack of people here on the trails for me!