Forum

Post subject: Bearing Questions
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:44 pm 
Any idea what tool to use push out a pivot bearing where the outer race of the bearing when you want to push against is hidden?

I hacked something together to get it to work but it meant pushing on the seal and inner race which is not ideal so i am am wondering for next time.

Also looking to invest in a good set of bearing pushers and pullers. Been bodging it for 10 years and its always a PITA about time i got the right tools. Any suggestions?
Attachments:
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG [ 244.03 KiB | Viewed 589 times ]

Post subject: Re: Bearing Questions
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:15 pm 
Blind bearing puller is what you need. Superstar used to do a decent one but they don't seem to have them any more. One of the few tools that's missing from my collection too.

Actually, if you're rich you could get http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/produ ... /bpet.html
Superstar do have a few cheaper versions left, they might be getting more in their next delivery from China/Taiwan.

Post subject: Re: Bearing Questions
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:41 pm 
Are you talking about the bit furthest away in the picture or closest? The far away one looks like it might pop out with a decent wood or plastic drift, or metal if your not too bothered what condition it comes out.

I've used grease and a perectly sized cylindrical object to free bearings via hydraulic pressure (and a hammer) but you'll need to seal one end.