Forum

Post subject: Hertford Heath / Broxbourne ride?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:11 pm 
Hi,

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a ride in the Hertford Heath/Broxbourne Woods area?

I've just got back into mountain biking and I am hugely unfit, so serious XC riders may not want to wait for me to wheeze up the hills, but I'd be up for a couple of hours' ride. I usually park on Hertford Heath and take in some of the singletrack around there before heading down the Roman road (not sure what it's actually called) to Broxbourne Woods.

Thanks to the wonders of being self-employed I'm often around weekdays as well as weekends.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Hertford Heath / Broxbourne ride?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:36 pm 
Hi, I live about 20 minutes from broxbourne woods and have also just started getting back into biking. off on mondays. was going to try broxbourne tomorrow but have no idea where the trails are so will be slow going :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 am 
I'm actually off the bike for a while due to a health issue, but I should be back (and slower than ever!) in a week or two. Give me a shout if you'd like to go for a blast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm 
Hi, I'm from Hertford Heath. i'm pretty familiar with the tracks around the Heath, Haileybury and Broxbourne woods. I'm definitely no expert, can be about on PM Saturdays and most of Sundays.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm 
Hi Guys

Im looking to find new rides not to far from St Albans to keep me riding through this horrible bleak dreary period (bring on the summer !) and came across Broxbourne.Ive seen some nice youtube vids of some nice flowing trials (yet again bring back the summer!).
Anyone know of them and can either described where to find them or even better fancy showing me around?
Q.Are Bencroft Woods ,Wormley Woods + Hertford Heath part of whats known as Broxbourn woods or separate?

Im normally around 10am-2pm weekday (between drops off and pick up times).Try to ride 3/4 a week.

Be great to discover more - even if its just advising me of where to park and which direction to head out in.
Cheers

Rob
Currently MTB obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am 
Ive got a high top van, i can only get into the parking at Ermine street (Martins Green) its right next to Hoddesdon woods. I have been riding there on mondays and take a different route everytime i go. most is muddy and hard going but ive ridden 5 times this year so my fitness and legs are rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am 
Verti wrote:
ive got a high top van, i can only get into the parking at Ermine street (Martins Green) its right next to Hoddesdon woods. I have been riding there on mondays and take a different route everytime i go. most is muddy and hard going but ive ridden 5 times this year so my fitness and legs are rubbish.

You're doing better than me. Last time I went for a ride was in the autumn sometime!

I'm tied up for the next couple of weeks, but up for organising something early March.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:35 pm 
Anyone still riding broxbourne. Would love to be shown around - anytime midweek 10-2pm - gotta be back fro school pick up

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 pm 
Roblkp wrote:
anyone still riding broxbourne. Would love to be shown around - anytime midweek 10-2pm - gotta be back fro school pick up

I am spectacularly unfit right now - haven't actually ridden yet this year - but I'd be up for that. Away next week, but I can usually do the same sort of times.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:10 pm 
Hey Chris.
That'll work. It's half term next week so it would be the week after.
I'll buzz you a few days before to arrange.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm 
On another thread on here someone posted this link showing the trails.
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/map/? ... z=15&m=osm

Could be worth checking out.
Apparently park in the farmers boy carpark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm 
Hi all new to the site , had an explore on sunday rode from Hoddesdon up to Hertford Heath on to the Roman Road got slightly lost before heading back via Cock Lane.

Would be up for meeting up for a ride in the future

Cheers Woody