Forum

Post subject: Scottish Newbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:01 pm 
Hi,

Just moved down from Aberdeenshire, Scotland to Hitchin in Herts. Names Ricky.

Big into my mountain biking, and looking for people to head out with and show me the spots, been to Chicksands a couple times and over to Bike Park Wales and Revolution Bike Park but would be good to explore some local spots with you guys as well.

Plus, Mountain Biking is never quite as good when you're by yourself.

I play football on Sats, but am keen for Friday afternoon and Sunday morning rides, Enduro is my main thing but definitely want to get more into my DH and Jumps.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Scottish Newbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm 
Aston Hill for local DH, and Woburn Sands for jumps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 am 
Thanks Scula.

Hi Neale, yeah Pitfichie is my local trail really, im from Turriff so rode it and Scolty a lot.

Scottish Enduro Series recently went to Pitfichie so there are some epic new trails up there now.

Is Epping the one in London? Do you ride Friday afternoons?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 pm 
Hiya. I'm just up the road from you in Baldock. Fairly inexperienced but wanting to get out and explore more. My first experience was Bike Park Wales last year. Since then I bought myself a full sus XC/short travel trail bike and have been just exploring rights of way / single track around my town since. Keen to check out some more local trail orientated routes though. I know chicksands is on my doorstep but like you say, it's my as fun on your own!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:16 pm 
Hi guys,

good to see folks on here from the same neck of the woods - I grew up in Banchory so ridden a fair bit around Scolty and the area, and then inners/glentress when I was at uni. Most xc-type stuff but keen to get into Enduro when I eventually move back to Scotland.

I live in New Barnet and work in Welwyn, so would be keen to tag along for a ride at Epping some time if that's alright. Could do Fridays after work from about 5.30pm or Sundays work too.

In terms of other trails, Swinley Forest seems pretty good for a mix of flowing xc/short DH sections. Not too far around the M25!

Iain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:42 pm 
Hi Neale, I'll probably be heading out at Epping on Sunday if you fancy getting out on the bike. Probably aim for around 10am but pretty flexible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:29 am 
No worries Neale, should be able to find that one. Will be heading up from Bury Road so might be 10.15 or so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 pm 
Is that the one with a couple of berms and jumps? I think we did find it, it's pretty fun! The berms down the bottom were good too. Will give you a shout if I'm out at Epping in the next few weeks while it's still dry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:44 pm 
Welcome along, I need to post up more for when i’m heading out, more than welcome to join. Going wales this weekend for a bit of trail ridding

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING