Forum

Post subject: Shed clearout: forks / brakes (pics now attached)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm 
Got some stuff for sale following a long overdue clearout of the shed! If anyone’s interested in viewing/buying I’m based near Chelmsford, or I can usually meet at Danbury most weekends (or possibly Epping). I can post, but would prefer not to on the bigger items. Postage would obviously cost extra. Can email photos of items upon request. I’ve got more stuff to add over the next few days so check back for an update.

Rockshox Argyle 302 suspension forks - now sold.

Fox Float R rear shock - now sold

Formula Oro K18 disc brake set - £30 ono.
Disc brake set with levers, callipers and hoses for front and rear brakes – note that rotors are not included. These are 2009 brakes. They have been well used but are some of the best brakes I’ve ever had. The front brake has an upgraded Goodridge braided hose and mounting hardware. Now the bad points – both brakes have been well used and have the usual wear and tear marks to the lever bodies. The lever does not spring back once the brake is applied. I’ve cleaned up the pistons and this did not fix the problem, so I think the brakes need a new master cylinder kit in the levers. Also the bar mounting clamp on one of the levers has cracked due to me over tightening it (d’oh!) so this will need replacing. On the plus side the pads are in fairly good condition! These would make a good budget set of brakes for someone, but they will need a complete service/rebuild before use.
£30 ono.

Last edited by Orange Tom on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Shed clearout: forks, rear shock,brakes and more for sal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm 
Hey mate am interested in the forks, if you could post pics that will be helpful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:10 pm 
Any idea what that shock would cost for the service it needs?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm 
If it's just and seal change about £16 I think when I last bought a kit from TF Tuned, if you want to send it off about £80-90 for a normal service and the same again on top if you want it pushed or anything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 am 
Bicyclerider203 - I can't work out how to attach photos to this thread, can you PM me your email address and I'll send you photos?

beardee - I think Duckcm18's advise is right, last time I sent off my shock tobe serviced by TF tuned it was about £90, not too sure what Mojo would charge. I'm led to believe a seal change is fairly easy to do (lots of instructional videos on youtube and the Fox website), but having said that I've never attempted it myself!

Cheers, Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 pm 
Seal change is really simple, takes about 10-15 minutes and that includes removing it from the frame. Just need to make sure you prep first and watch a video giving instructions. No fancy tools required except a pick for removing the old seals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm 
What colour are hte argyles ?

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:23 pm 
Thanks for the info, guys but ill give it a miss.

Out of curiosity what does getting a shock 'pushed' mean? and is worth another 80 quid?

To attach pics, click the 'full editor' in the quick reply box and attachments can be added down the bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting your shock 'pushed' refers to getting it customer tuned by PUSH Industries who have teamed up with TF Tuned I believe (feel free to correct me!) and been doing shock tuning a while. Generally adding, modifying shims, valves and such. Everyone seems to rate TF Tuned very highly. This explains it a million times better: http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/PU ... H-ed-Forks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 pm 
Not really meant for this thread but the PUSH tune can really transform a bike. Check bikeradars review of the push RP3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:10 pm 
Hi all,

Hopefully (fingers crossed!) here are some photos of the forks and shock. I'll try to get some pics of the brakes up tomorrow.

Cheers, Tom

Post subject: Re: Shed clearout: forks, rear shock,brakes (pics now attach
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:36 pm 
Those are both in pristine condition if only the Argyles were long travel. Makes me wonder how people ride their bikes sometimes when they sell them with massive dents and scratches all over the stanchions!