Forum

Post subject: Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:04 pm 
Bonkers @ 2.30 - now thats a skinny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVq ... ded#at=150

so much astonishing stuff in that video - what a superstar

Post subject: Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:16 pm 
That guy never ceases to amaze me on what he can do on a bike... I would still be in A&E getting the bits of bike removed from places bike bits are'nt meant to be.....

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm 
Check out concrete circus on 4od shows the making of the video and some amazing mtb, bmx, skate and freerun stuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm 
That guy is truly amazing, some of those drops were huuuuge!

The Long bunny hop as well, he may have got bits of fence in him let alone bike!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:02 pm 
He's just ridiculous. Keeps getting better and better - his flow and creativity are stupid good. Best in the world for my money.

It's a beautiful piece of film-making too. I love the grittiness of Chris Akrigg's stuff, but this looks stunning. Landmark film I reckon...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 am 
To be honest i watched the whole concrete circus and the only video i really enjoyed was the 1 at the end when they all got together. Danny Macaskill is defo an amazing riding with out a shadow of a doubt but his last video i think was a millions times better than this 1. All the action i saw in the programme was better than the videos in my eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 am 
robholland85 wrote:
To be honest i watched the whole concrete circus and the only video i really enjoyed was the 1 at the end when they all got together. Danny Macaskill is defo an amazing riding with out a shadow of a doubt but his last video i think was a millions times better than this 1. All the action i saw in the programme was better than the videos in my eyes.

i thought the 1 at the end was a bit naff, the hype it had made me think it would be amazing
using the centre realy held back what the individuals could do, sure the shots looked pretty with all this stuff in the background,. I was expecting to see danny dropping over a parkour guy backflipping something else etc., rather then hte 3 of them in a line doing hte same about once

also the individual films, dannys wasnt much of a improvement on way back home, was the same, still a good video though
skateboarder was just a normal boring skateboard film
the bmxers one was just ruined by crap put all over it
and the parkour one wasnt bad

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 am 
Yeah ill agree with most of that the flat land bmxer had skills but were defo ruined by the producer and all the darkness he put into it and shaiky images.
way back home sent shivers down my spine when i first watched it but industrial revolutions didnt :(
I was a little intriged by the parkour and inline element though looked good as im into my skating as well but different.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am 
Brilliant..

So much more precision stuff in that vid compared to his previous couple..

Love them all but the amount of inch-perfect stuff in this one - amazing.. And as for riding the steel cable..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:52 pm 
More world class stuff from Danny Macaskill but in the context of Concrete Jungle the programme was hyping the video as the next step into new an unseen level and it looked the same as back home to me. Unbelievable skill though so still very cool to see.

I was just waiting for the flatland BMX one to kick in – just seems like an into all the way through, but great style in the film and action though.

The free running one was so cheeeeesy, action was great but the stupid spy (or what ever) audition story line - pfft!

The skate one I liked, good to see lots of UK spots and I hadn’t seen that guy before – loved the skating style.

I didn’t think the group one was very cheesy, I liked seeing all the street sport inside a building – National Theatre I think? If so, a nice juxtaposition with the establishment or more traditional side of society.