Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am 
Good job, but i'd be a bit nervous of inviting anyone 'official' to Danbury as its all unofficial and the park warden could get a rocket for letting it continue ? the bits that are too challenging will only be that way for 10 mins when everyone has had a chance to learn the lines, then they'll just be the norm ? whats the point of having stuff that is non-challenging ?

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 pm 
HHmm..True, but Danbury is an example of what a challanging course can be like and buit on relatively flat ground.

I saw a few mentions of 'too challanging' up on the boards but don't know how this will influence things, I can see a liabilty issue occuring when young Timmy tries the current rocky runs and smashes his head open, in my opinion they should prob remove some of the rocks/boulders..but keep the steepness of the runs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm 
How do trail centres do it then? Some of them have some very steep/technical sections and you don't have to pay to use them so where does the liability lie? Damn health and safety! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:19 pm 
Sign a waiver ?., There have been various skate/bmx parks that have fallen victim to liabilty/insurance issues over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
Not sure. I've turned up at Afan, Brechfa and Builth and just got my bike out and ridden. The only things these trails have are info/warning signs along the lines of http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Trail ... ading.aspx so why can't they do the same?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:47 pm 
It's like anything though, if your not comfortable doing it then don't! Woburn has some HUGE dirt jumps and massive doubles.. I can't do it so I wont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:45 pm 
:clap: Thanks for holding the topic,By,each reply,i found various speech applications,which i can use .
The other Hadleigh Topic seemed to be interested.I saw some quite usefull maps of Benfleet.
We actually ,stay in Thorpe Bay.Is there a footh path to ride along shore??
:) :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am 
Thorpe bay ? thats right along the Estuary towards the North Sea, there is a coastal path that is tarmac all the way along from there that people walk quite alot when you get to Leigh-on-sea it becomes single track all the way to the Olympic park.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:31 pm 
Indeed..Thorpe Bay is a nice location, near/on Seafront, it will be possible to cycle all the way to Hadleigh event, there are cycle paths along seafront and then from Leigh on Sea there is a new path been made acroos Leigh/Hadleigh country park, right to the event itself, I went this route to the practise event and it was great, lovely weather and thjey had secure bike park to lock your bike up in.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:55 pm 
:D Hi Southend Guys. :clap: Your essexhertsmtb makes me addicted gradually.
I flew with google earth many times around southend and hadleigh ,but southend looks bright and sunny all the time.
But the reallity looks different,when we got there.
Yes,Thorpe Bay looks nice and not so crowded.In the back ist Southchurch park and the golf place.
How is the sound on the right hand side??(Foulness Island---Courtsend.)

I read in your Hadleigh Thuesday nights topic,that the gates are close
Zitat: unityjon
Yeah its up to date and yes just by the gate, the car park is closed normally but there are walkers swing gate things to negotiate, got lucky last week as the main gate to the top field was open so we made it all the way down to the fire road without stopping (simple things please me....)
Yes I think,i got milliions of bloody questions???

:) :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 am 
That just meant we didn't have to dismount and squeeze through the small gate. The larger gates are to get vehicles through, you can't ride through the small gates.

Posted from my phone ' cos I can't wait to get to a PC!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 am 
Yes..Southend is bright and sunny all the time, just like the rest of England :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:09 pm 
Pollux, your trip is a bit monumental in UK mtb terms, some may say its ambitious !! but hopefully we can help, i've created a Google map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=214451225651816567061.0004baa5467caf08adb9c&msa=0&ll=51.710119,0.629311&spn=0.100305,0.226078

I've taken the UK mentality - just get there as quick as possible ! i've stuck to B-roads as the A-roads from Harwich ar on par with German Autobahns and are not cycle friendly in the least ! plus th eb-roads pass plenty of villages etc so you're never far from food/drink !

I drew a line as the crow flies then modified it to run along roads, there may well be footpaths / bridleways etc but i dont know them as its not my local area, if there are people on the forums who have local knowledge of parts of the route they may well be able to modify the route to take these into consideration for a nicer ride ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 pm 
Cant help thinking that perhaps Pollux should have a whole thread dedicated to his trip so the details dont get diluted with cross-chat ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 pm 
unityjon wrote:
Cant help thinking that perhaps Pollux should have a whole thread dedicated to his trip so the details dont get diluted with cross-chat ??

Eerr..this is his thread..ha..but we've been cross chatting :)

Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next