Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm 
Hi All
I co designed & built the Olympic Mtb course at Hadleigh,also the person behind driving the course based club,which is really exciting..my vision is huge...with everyones help & support we can achieve to produce the most exciting uk mtb club.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 am 
This thread should be moved into a different forum ?? Mtbcoursebuilder (glenn) welcome, a very good bunch on here and i'm sure you'll get a bunch of support for what you're doing !

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

Post subject: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 pm 
Mtbcoursebuilder wrote:
Hi All
I co designed & built the Olympic Mtb course at Hadleigh,also the person behind driving the course based club,which is really exciting..my vision is huge...with everyones help & support we can achieve to produce the most exciting uk mtb club.

Happy to help promote this and the legacy it brings... Essex is in need of a good venue and activities is so lacking at the moment.....

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 pm 
:D Well,this topic moved from introduce yourself into the Mountain Bike Chat.
Maybe it`s a good idea.
My question:Have someone of your bikers photos from the castle line get to the entree to Hadleigh Farm.
I just like to know,who it looks like on the bottom of the hill. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:07 pm 
:D Image

Thats a nice picture on a walking Path in Hadleigh.
Is this taken from a Castle line to get to Olympic Event??

Anyway I guess The Olympic feeling is started.

Still 100 days.

All the News Paper in Germany made public.
They wrote,That from 60 million UK people will be move 10 million out of the country.

[url]
http://www.muensterlandzeitung.de/sport ... 23,1619432[/url]
Eine Umfrage zufolge werden zehn Millionen der gut 60 Millionen Briten gar nicht im Land sein, während das olympische Feuer brennt. Ein Großteil davon gab an, bewusst vor Olympia zu fliehen.

Very interested :D :D
The Echo newspaper wrote today.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/basildon/9659465.Longer_Olympic_trains____but_not_for_c2c_commuters/?ref=ec
Longer Olympic trains... but not for c2c commuters
3:00pm Thursday 19th April 2012 in Basildon By Emma Thomas

RAIL companies are planning to add extra carriages to their trains this summer to cope with thousands of extra passengers during the Olympics.
:D We reveal our Olympic tour by bike. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 pm 
The train thing isn't really an issue as the Event times are far enough away from the 'normal' rush hour times to make the rush hour unaffected unless loads of spectators decide to arrive too early or leave later !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am 
Not sure where the above picture is from, it kinda looks like the general area.

The castle wont be part of the Olympic event but thyere maybe a bike parking area near it (there was at the practise event), and there will be a path leading to Leigh train station.

Ive noticed that theyve started putting up extra fencing all around the area, so looks like many of the regular routes will be cut off.

I hope lots of people arnt intending to take their bikes by train, they are kind of limited.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 pm 
Yep, came across that fencing on Sunday morning :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm 
:D Well,kinda,i had my thoughts,that`s the castle is up the hill next to the event paracourse. :o :o
Today i got a diffrent view from google earth.The buildings from Castle Ave are right in the middle.between the event and the the castle.

I try to set together my current version from the olympic area.

Those map is the Olympic Paracourse :D

This photo seemed to be the entree from the area.?????

Mabey ,the entree is straight on the hadleigh farm??

And this shot could be the way up to the farm??

I guess,momentary everything looks like a construction site.for building the fence :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 pm 
The Castle is on the right of the top pic, yep, on a hill but cant see any of the track from there, in fact, its pretty well hidden from all angles.

Dont recognise any of the other pictures.

Entrance will be down Castle Lane.

I guess there maybe another entrance near the big lakes on the top picture, there is a car park there, but guess it will be closed or full come the Olympics.

If you are staying in Thorpe Bay/Southend Area, the route there will be simple, either ride the whole way, basically following the Thames or use a train to Leigh perhaps.

Anyway, Im prob going to be in Morzine that day. :)

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 am 
andydd wrote:
The Castle is on the right of the top pic, yep, on a hill but cant see any of the track from there, in fact, its pretty well hidden from all angles.

Dont recognise any of the other pictures.

Andy

:) Hey,Sorry i`m a lttle bit confused at the moment
You wrote that the castle is right on the top pic-close to the event.
But from the map,which i tried to draw there seemed to be another hill on the other side of the Event.

The other Pics,which I put on this topic are from google earth.
from your view , the way up to the event looks completely different??? :o :o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:04 pm 
Thats because you're looking at different scale maps !

there is no way of seeing any of the olypmpic trial from anywhere but inside the course itself as its boundaries are generally lower than the track and there are large trees all around.

I hate to be the one to say it but you really wont see a damn thing from anywhere but inside and for that you'll need a ticket !

sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm 
Although perhaps near the steep uphill bit with rocks in that SurferEv mentioned the other, day, the bench/rest stop, you may be able to see the riders as they zoom past and go back into the Sally Army land..for about a second..ha

Best bet is to hire a helicopter and hover about although if you believe what you read in the papers, the army may shoot you down :)

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am 
Howdee.

Received the Hadleigh Olympic Legacy newsletter today, some interesting stuff in it, tried to post it here but cant attach PDF's.

Anyway here a pic from it of the proposed track, seems to be missing an obvious bit though which is joing uop the 'leap of faith' to 'murder hill'.

You can sign up and view older newsletters here > http://www.essexlegacy.org/olympic-venu ... ewsletter/

Andy
Attachments:
had2.jpg
had2.jpg [ 145.87 KiB | Viewed 867 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm 
Hi Andy
There will be changes to the course for the legacy,but the mtb club I'm setting up will oversee all the planned alterations once the detailed drawings are produced..so everyones input is crucial for the venues future! If interested please come along to the next meeting @ the old fire station in Hadleigh,thursday 3rd may starts at 7.30pm
Cheers
Glenn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next