Forum


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am 
User avatar
Posts: 4987
Karve wrote:
Hopefully this means more kick ass videos for the site ;)

Not from me! :lol:
Just the mondane wheels on the ground stuff :shock: :lolno:

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
VW-surfbum wrote:
Just the mondane wheels on the ground stuff :shock: :lolno:


Thats all good - fab vids are about the good times rather than the big hucks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm 
Posts: 954
Location: harlow
Wow the white would do me.i like vw's idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 am 
Posts: 276
And ive been banking on getting a go pro 2 for under 200 quid, but now Im not sure if its a better idea to fork out more money and get a 3... Tho not sure I need the wifi as I only plan on doing helmet cam stuff most the time

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 am 
User avatar
Posts: 3539
Location: essex
kellboy wrote:
And ive been banking on getting a go pro 2 for under 200 quid, but now Im not sure if its a better idea to fork out more money and get a 3... Tho not sure I need the wifi as I only plan on doing helmet cam stuff most the time

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....


i think you are missing the point of the wifi

it means you can view what the camera see's on your iphone or similar.
this will be very useful in lining up the camera on your lid.
that way you can aim it forward or backward etc.

very useful

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am 
Posts: 276
Yes I know thats the point of the wifi, On chest cams and reverse cams its more useful, lid setups are alot easier, plus I also dont have a wifi device that will work with it anyway, I Cant own an iphone or android device till next year and I cant imagine it will work on a blackberry..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am 
User avatar
Posts: 3539
Location: essex
Bb has wifi capability

its basic future proofing.

your money though

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 am 
Posts: 276
Ive just realised the whole white silver black thing.

So if the silver is basically a hero 2 with added wifi and protune how much is it going to retail at?? If its the basic conversion on dollars to pounds its going to be worth the bit extra but then its never that simple things are always mroe expensive here :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 am 
User avatar
Posts: 57
I think when they price it over here they just change the $ to a £ sign so I'm guessing the Silver GP3 will be £300.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm 
Posts: 276
Daz wrote:
I think when they price it over here they just change the $ to a £ sign so I'm guessing the Silver GP3 will be £300.


Thats exactly my guess, its total BS though when you think about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm 
Posts: 343
It's offering all these lil extras that wont be used by the everday joe bloggs. An blackberry although possibly having the app for wifi :lol: i cant see it being any good.. as ive owned a few they really cant cope with anything other than the free txt/chat apps. It really is just a case of iphone-itus..... nothing wrong with the old but we will bring out another one to make you feel sub-standard.
If you feel that you are a budding steven speilberg then this is for you... :ugeek:
if you just want point & shoot without all the techno speil then the gp2 is good enough.

what im trying to say is there all ok BUT wifi is not so esential that people have to pass up on the gp2

MuZzA :high5:

Owns the gp2 an now is an outmode :shifty:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 pm 
Posts: 276
Actually, Action cameras are selling the silver go pro 3 for 280, If you go and check what extras it haves over the gp2 its actually worth the money I think, yes I dont have a phone that will work with the wifi screen app thingy, but next year I will, Its also smaller and lighter, among other improvements.

If I was to buy a gp2 and buy the Wifi adapter at a later date it would cost pretty much the same, Im actually now very tempted to order one with money I dont have because Im stupid like that, this year has been nothing but spending every penny I own for various reasons, why break the habit of a year?? Next year is for saving.....maybe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm 
Posts: 343
kellboy wrote:
Actually, Action cameras are selling the silver go pro 3 for 280, If you go and check what extras it haves over the gp2 its actually worth the money I think, yes I dont have a phone that will work with the wifi screen app thingy, but next year I will, Its also smaller and lighter, among other improvements.

If I was to buy a gp2 and buy the Wifi adapter at a later date it would cost pretty much the same, Im actually now very tempted to order one with money I dont have because Im stupid like that, this year has been nothing but spending every penny I own for various reasons, why break the habit of a year?? Next year is for saving.....maybe


Yeah! and when you finally get all the extras for your new camera "BOOOM" go pro will drop the GP4 straight on your head and say the camera you have is shite :lol: :lol:
They could have put all the options in the gp2 but that would mean they wouldnt be making any £££ of us lot this year.
GoPro are just like apple... they could but they wont. Sorry but 1 extra MP an a few more modes just dose not scream out " WOW IM THE NUTS" :problem:
BUT the difference between the 1 & 2 is 6 extra MP's... If the 3 had something like 16/17 mp's then that would be something special.

MuZzA :high5:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm 
Posts: 276
MuZzA wrote:
kellboy wrote:
Actually, Action cameras are selling the silver go pro 3 for 280, If you go and check what extras it haves over the gp2 its actually worth the money I think, yes I dont have a phone that will work with the wifi screen app thingy, but next year I will, Its also smaller and lighter, among other improvements.

If I was to buy a gp2 and buy the Wifi adapter at a later date it would cost pretty much the same, Im actually now very tempted to order one with money I dont have because Im stupid like that, this year has been nothing but spending every penny I own for various reasons, why break the habit of a year?? Next year is for saving.....maybe


Yeah! and when you finally get all the extras for your new camera "BOOOM" go pro will drop the GP4 straight on your head and say the camera you have is shite :lol: :lol:
They could have put all the options in the gp2 but that would mean they wouldnt be making any £££ of us lot this year.
GoPro are just like apple... they could but they wont. Sorry but 1 extra MP an a few more modes just dose not scream out " WOW IM THE NUTS" :problem:
BUT the difference between the 1 & 2 is 6 extra MP's... If the 3 had something like 16/17 mp's then that would be sometinhg special.

MuZzA :high5:


But thats life isnt it? At the end of the day what you pay for is what you get. There is ALWAYS going to be a newer better model. Take pc's for example. They have the power to build pc's far better then they do now, they just hold off to release it in a few years time to capitalise on every small upgrade they can.

Considering how much go pro 2s still retail for (still 300 in some shops) and cheap on ebay, I dont think it will be long before the gp 3 silvers and white reduce in price as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm 
Posts: 343
kellboy wrote:
MuZzA wrote:
kellboy wrote:
Actually, Action cameras are selling the silver go pro 3 for 280, If you go and check what extras it haves over the gp2 its actually worth the money I think, yes I dont have a phone that will work with the wifi screen app thingy, but next year I will, Its also smaller and lighter, among other improvements.

If I was to buy a gp2 and buy the Wifi adapter at a later date it would cost pretty much the same, Im actually now very tempted to order one with money I dont have because Im stupid like that, this year has been nothing but spending every penny I own for various reasons, why break the habit of a year?? Next year is for saving.....maybe


Yeah! and when you finally get all the extras for your new camera "BOOOM" go pro will drop the GP4 straight on your head and say the camera you have is shite :lol: :lol:
They could have put all the options in the gp2 but that would mean they wouldnt be making any £££ of us lot this year.
GoPro are just like apple... they could but they wont. Sorry but 1 extra MP an a few more modes just dose not scream out " WOW IM THE NUTS" :problem:
BUT the difference between the 1 & 2 is 6 extra MP's... If the 3 had something like 16/17 mp's then that would be sometinhg special.

MuZzA :high5:


But thats life isnt it? At the end of the day what you pay for is what you get. There is ALWAYS going to be a newer better model. Take pc's for example. They have the power to build pc's far better then they do now, they just hold off to release it in a few years time to capitalise on every small upgrade they can.

Considering how much go pro 2s still retail for (still 300 in some shops) and cheap on ebay, I dont think it will be long before the gp 3 silvers and white reduce in price as well.



:clap: :clap: BUY CONTOUR..... CONTOUR IS THE WAY FORWARD :clap: :clap:

MuZzA :high5:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron