Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 pm 
From my point of view, a point and click video camera is one thing I don't like. It's the one thing that puts me off with the go pro so I was going to buy the go pro2 and then the wi-fi bac then use the app. Makes sense to just get the go pro 3 silver now instead.

I guess I like the idea of adjusting settings as I do photography and I know that manually changing settings will ALWAYS get far better results than a camera doing it all automatically.

Shameless plug time - www.darrenthorndick.co.uk, my website :). Oh, and yes I will be doing some shoots in the mountain bike scene once I've finished the house move :D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm 
kellboy wrote:
Daz wrote:
I think when they price it over here they just change the $ to a £ sign so I'm guessing the Silver GP3 will be £300.

Thats exactly my guess, its total BS though when you think about it.

I completely agree.

It's annoying that it's sometimes cheaper to book a flight to america, buy some bits and fly back rather than to just buy them from here. All because of all the tax that gets added onto it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 pm 
Quote from MBR this month:

"GoPro may have zoomed in on the market for helmet cameras, but it's about to get some big,nay huge, competition in the form of Sony and JVC. Both electronics giants are separately launching POV cameras for 2013, both running HD-quality footage and, crucially, both with screens that let you review the shots you're getting: GoPro's crown could be challenged here as it's screen is only available as an aftermarket attachment, and the competition has a certain amount of experience in the field"

bit.ly/SonyPOV and bit.ly/JVCcamera for details

--------------------------------------
Rumblefish Elite 29er
Specialized P1AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm 
Daz wrote:
From my point of view, a point and click video camera is one thing I don't like. It's the one thing that puts me off with the go pro so I was going to buy the go pro2 and then the wi-fi bac then use the app. Makes sense to just get the go pro 3 silver now instead.

I guess I like the idea of adjusting settings as I do photography and I know that manually changing settings will ALWAYS get far better results than a camera doing it all automatically.

Shameless plug time - http://www.darrenthorndick.co.uk, my website :). Oh, and yes I will be doing some shoots in the mountain bike scene once I've finished the house move :D.

Nice shoot of the audi S1 :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am 
TrailBoy wrote:

Why thank you :). Although I think it's an Audi Quattro A2. The S1 was the beefed up version with loads of wings all over it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm 
Daz wrote:
I think when they price it over here they just change the $ to a £ sign so I'm guessing the Silver GP3 will be £300.

this it what makes it suck completeley
i was gonna buy the gopro naked edition as money and me are not friends he never comes to say hi lol but i got a little to spend on it looked today and they no longer sell it i thought cool ill get a gopro 2 cheaper but no thats not happening then saw they just switch the £ & $ around so £200 for one is far too steep for me so ebay here i come

RAIL'N RUTZ AND NAIL'N SLUTZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 pm 
Daz wrote:
TrailBoy wrote:

Why thank you :). Although I think it's an Audi Quattro A2. The S1 was the beefed up version with loads of wings all over it.

Yeah my mistake fella A2 Quattro :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm 
wonkle wrote:
Daz wrote:

i was gonna buy the gopro naked edition as money and me are not friends he never comes to say hi lol but i got a little to spend on it looked today and they no longer sell it i thought cool ill get a gopro 2 cheaper but no thats not happening then saw they just switch the £ & $ around so £200 for one is far too steep for me so ebay here i come

It is a pain how they price things. I've been saving for a while to buy a gopro now so saturday night I just took the plunge and ordered the black edition along with a 64gb card :). Can't wait for it to arrive now :).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm 
TrailBoy wrote:
Daz wrote:
TrailBoy wrote:

Yeah my mistake fella A2 Quattro :thumbup:

It's ok, I had to google it to check lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm 
Daz wrote:
wonkle wrote:
Daz wrote:

It is a pain how they price things. I've been saving for a while to buy a gopro now so saturday night I just took the plunge and ordered the black edition along with a 64gb card :). Can't wait for it to arrive now :).

im buying a buds GP2 for £160 when his 3 arrives so its all good as i know where its been.
and im gonna buy a 32gb card from amazon for £23 so not too bad

RAIL'N RUTZ AND NAIL'N SLUTZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 pm 
Hero3 White arrived for my birthday this week, just waiting for the sd card to arrive and I'll give a good seeing to.

http://www.moohcowh.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm 
Just used mine for the first time on my bike, the lowlight picture is amazing! picture quality is far and away better than i could ever of wished for.
lets hope i can get some suprgnar footage ;)
video to follow

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm 
You have over looked the 720@120 fps. that will be really useful for slow motion! The big differance with the 1 - 2 white - silver or what ever you call it was the pro tune and the better picture in low light. I would assume the Black one will be even better in low light.

Canyon Strive CF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
You have over looked the 720@120 fps. that will be really useful for slow motion! The big differance with the 1 - 2 white - silver or what ever you call it was the pro tune and the better picture in low light. I would assume the Black one will be even better in low light.

Canyon Strive CF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:21 pm 
I know I started a seperate thread on this, but Im real happy with my iPhone holder, now Ive got it adjusted to a great position on my back pack, it films pretty much like a gopro chest mount although is lightly off center left or right, clearly as it has a screen so recordings can be viewed instantly and it records in 1920 x 1080 (but only 30fps, which is fine unless you are gonna make super slo-mo shots), worth a shot if £300 is a bit much for you :)

Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next