Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 am 
Who would be up for a dig on Saturday?????

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 pm 
Yeah I am. Only problem. I need to meet up with someone before hand so I know how to get there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:41 pm 
Sundays seems to be the day atm for the building
im there most sunday with a group (working on the 'dh side')

then theres the others off here like ggg and tony200 and wenman who are doing work on the 'freeride section' and the shore

should be up for saturday brad - would be good if oculd bring your own spades
and jwg im sure either me or brad could meet you somewere adn show you the way in

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:44 pm 
Hey, definatly cant do this saturday. Most of the stuff weve built hasnt set in yet so avoid hitting it untill weve had some more good rain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm 
ggg wrote:
if your in trent park there is a old set of trails there. i dont think anyones ridden them for a long time but if your on a short travel/hardtail then they should be good again. i also dug a couple of doubles up there deep in the woods to the right of the needle, but that was about 6 years ago so im not sure if they will still be there

I ride in Trent park quite a bit, as its just 5 mins from my place, have found a few areas of jumps whilst exploring thru the woods. The bigger jump area seems a bit rundown in places and messed around with.
Have been to enfield once and keep meaning to get back over there to tacckle the wood work soon!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:37 pm 
I figured i should post somthing as this thread is getting pretty popular and it seems a lot of people are starting to ask about the trails and digging up there. so i guess this is for everyone not in the know

First everyone is welcome to ride and dig. To those who dont know where it is, youll work it out. The trails have been here for about 7 years, ive been riding them for about 4 and theres always been a pretty small group of faces that ride there and have been slowly developing them. Theres never realy been any trouble over building and weve all generaly been left to it, partly because while not beeing a secret spot its always been off a lot of peoples radar, out the way, and hasnt caused any trouble for the land owners or anybody else as this is definatly not an official spot.

When it comes to digging please just dont turn up and make a hole. As banner said there seems to be two teams of diggers right now working, including the rider who found the place, started, and built most of what exists, and then knocked up the shore to finnish. If you want to dig come and find one of these groups. Between us weve got a sort of plan, digging a proper place that everyone whants to ride with a range of properly thought out runs. There is a shit load of dirt to move and shape and any help is welcome, but please have some respect for the thousands of barrows of dirt that have already been layed down before you turn up and dig your dream kicker. Talk to us and we can incorporate it into a line instead of having a wood with half arssed lumps everywhere..

... and if you see anyone without a lid on tell em to piss off. The moment little johny cracks his skull and goes running home with blood pissing everywhere is the moment they try and shut the place down. see you on sunday people

Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 pm 
@ggg - just updated the first post to say that, let me know if there anything extra youd like added in or re-worded

karve: any chance could get this linked to the trails description on the riding spots page?

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:50 pm 
ggg wrote:

When it comes to digging please just dont turn up and make a hole.

This.

Too many sets of trails have a million and one people digging with no common target. The trails are guaranteed to fail.

Anyone re-digging the big jump line this year? It was hardly ridable when I popped in last month.

Ill do my best to get up one Sunday, but we are putting a new line in my trails this winter, so am pretty busy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 pm 
ggg wrote:
i figured i should post somthing as this thread is getting pretty popular and it seems a lot of people are starting to ask about the trails and digging up there. so i guess this is for everyone not in the know

First everyone is welcome to ride and dig. To those who dont know where it is, youll work it out. The trails have been here for about 7 years, ive been riding them for about 4 and theres always been a pretty small group of faces that ride there and have been slowly developing them. Theres never realy been any trouble over building and weve all generaly been left to it, partly because while not beeing a secret spot its always been off a lot of peoples radar, out the way, and hasnt caused any trouble for the land owners or anybody else as this is definatly not an official spot.

When it comes to digging please just dont turn up and make a hole. As banner said there seems to be two teams of diggers right now working, including the rider who found the place, started, and built most of what exists, and then knocked up the shore to finnish. If you want to dig come and find one of these groups. Between us weve got a sort of plan, digging a proper place that everyone whants to ride with a range of properly thought out runs. There is a shit load of dirt to move and shape and any help is welcome, but please have some respect for the thousands of barrows of dirt that have already been layed down before you turn up and dig your dream kicker. Talk to us and we can incorporate it into a line instead of having a wood with half arssed lumps everywhere..

... and if you see anyone without a lid on tell em to piss off. The moment little johny cracks his skull and goes running home with blood pissing everywhere is the moment they try and shut the place down. see you on sunday people

+1 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 pm 
Lawbags the plan is to just dig and re shape from the bottom to the top so its on the list. There has been talk of opening up the asbo line so you can make it from the bottom to the top on a full sus. Your right though is been neglected because people generaly riding full sus and the hardtail jumpers stopped coming so all the building has been concentrated on the floaty doubles.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm 
banner999 wrote:
karve: any chance could get this linked to the trails description on the riding spots page?

Sorted :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 pm 
Good point ggg, every time we've been we have had a chat with everyone to see if they agree with what we are doing,
it helps get everything flowing well, rather than random jumps here and there.
I've known about and ridden the trails for about 4 years now on and off (mostly off) and it's nice having a quiet spot to go to without it being rammed.

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk - SBC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:31 pm 
A few bits that me and wenmen have been working on.

Just needs to be secured down.
If you see people riding unfinished stuff chuck them off it please.

ImageImage

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm 
Bit of advice.....rip that wood out and re-build that landing.
2 reasons....wood can be pulled out, Either by accident or on purpose by some twat walker. Secondly, it rots. So in 2 years time, you'll have to re-dig it anyway after its collapsed when someone lands on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 am 
A lot of the wood has been pulled out of the landing, it's been there a few years already and seems OK we just built it up a bit :)

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk - SBC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next