Forum

Post subject: Re: Newby from Chelmsford
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 pm 
Craig got into DJ'ing.... he's still riding and is now a dealer for Pilgrim bikes.

Andy is indeed in Vegas working for 5th & Ocean Productions inc

Billy is very active on RadBMX and rides for Dialled bikes.

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 pm 
:thumbup:

All present and correct sir.

Billy still a crazy balls out rider and doing very well on the cruisers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 pm 
As much as i love all my old BMX roots i'm trying real hard to turn my back on it, its so expensive now, it's spoilt i reckon. I absolutley hated MTB when i was bmxing, wheels to big, too clumsy and whats the point of gears...but that was then and i'm a fical b'stard LOL

Its because of Billy that i ended up with a Dialled Alpine :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm 
Lol lol lol totally hear what ur saying. I turned my back on it 5 years ago when I sold all my bikes. It was getting stupidly expensive. But u can't run from ur roots. So I built 2 finale bikes and now I can move on. Lol
Billy is a great guy and still a great rider.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 pm 
Oh yeah and the prices are even more stupid now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 am 
unityjon wrote:
I also went to King John ! left in 85/86

Craig got signed to Mongoose and toured all over but we still used to session thundersley common and local places like that.

Yeah..Remember Craig's Mongooses..even hjad a sidecar one at one point, used to ride/muck about Thundersley and Runnymede swiming pool area..

Got into Skating too...but that was quite a few years later and I'd long lost contact with Craig, but still lived round the corner from King John..in fact used to skate in there quite a bit, only really got more (seriously) into biking since visiting Morzine three years back.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:50 am 
Are you my double ? LOL toook a trip on Craig's sidehack, he lived not far from me, i broke my grifter frame jumping off the steps at Runnymede, the guy at Richardsons in Hadleigh told my dad i'd need a bmx and sold me this.....

then the madness started, i snapped the Murray (obviously !) got a Scorpion (ne of the first Alloy frames, bent that ! bought a Mongoose off Lee Tucker (also from KG lived on Benfleet Rd just up from the school) turned out to be my fav frame of all, then got signed up by holeshot who were bike distriubuters back in the day and told to ride everywhere i could not only comps on their new frames / parts to get them noticed - Result !!

Haro, SE, Torquer, Diamond back, motobecane, pro-lite, hutchinson and on and on...

but the goose was my fave.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 am 
unityjon wrote:
are you my double ? LOL toook a trip on Craig's sidehack, he lived not far from me, i broke my grifter frame jumping off the steps at Runnymede, the guy at Richardsons in Hadleigh told my dad i'd need a bmx and sold me this.....

then the madness started, i snapped the Murray (obviously !) got a Scorpion (ne of the first Alloy frames, bent that ! bought a Mongoose off Lee Tucker (also from KG lived on Benfleet Rd just up from the school) turned out to be my fav frame of all, then got signed up by holeshot who were bike distriubuters back in the day and told to ride everywhere i could not only comps on their new frames / parts to get them noticed - Result !!

Haro, SE, Torquer, Diamond back, motobecane, pro-lite, hutchinson and on and on...

but the goose was my fave.

Ha....maybe I am..although was not into BMX as much, maybe I didn't pester my parents enough for one, had a Grifter and then various racing bikes and racing bikes converted into what would become mountain bikes, oh yes..the lovely Runnymede steps..cant recall attempting to jump them though..whether on bike or board.

As got older was more into Punk.Metal bands and started to go to stores like Shades in London and the original Rough Trade, RT began importing a few early decks to compliment their records by Suicidal Tendencies..this then turned into Slam City Skates which eventually became bigger than Rough Trade as skating took off.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 am 
I used to skate too, from 87 - i guess, used to skate a lot at Payless (focus) ? in Benfleet LOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 pm 
I was the other side of Benfleet..at Richmond carpark....used to work opposite Appleton Arms..occasionally bump into people I knew from then..and Colin Perrin runs skate shop in Leigh..but never actually been there but do recall buying Vans on Ebay that came from there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 pm 
I know Colin Perrin, also Cliff Miln (Jelly Mumbo's) Tony Mather etc they were all younger than me, i used to skate with Rich Gibbs, Jason Lewington, Sean Bickmore, Simon Bickmore, john West, Beenie et' all.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:32 pm 
unityjon wrote:
I know Colin Perrin, also Cliff Miln (Jelly Mumbo's) Tony Mather etc they were all younger than me, i used to skate with Rich Gibbs, Jason Lewington, Sean Bickmore, Simon Bickmore, john West, Beenie et' all.....

AAww,..memories..yep..all younger than me too..helped build a half pipe in Cliff's garden..was a tad too big....build a perfect mini one in Benfleet bit of waste land..till it rotted away n no-one could be arsed to fix it. No idea whether i could even attempt to ride one on my MTB !

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm 
I used to be known by that lot as "squig" or "squigly" ! a lot of them never knew my real name LOL (I'm 41 now !)