Forum

Post subject: Epping forest regular rides?
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:23 pm 
Are there any semi-organised regular weekend group rides in Epping Forest? I get the impression that not all of them are posted here, and I can't find much online (or my googling is pants) ... I've ridden around myself a few times since moving over this side of the city from the west where I'd mostly ride Swinley. I've found some fun stuff, but I'm sure I missing a lot ... and of course it's always more fun to ride with other kamikazis.

Post subject: Re: Epping forest regular rides?
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 am 
I've never ridden Epping before but somebody will post here soon that has.

If you have Strava though you can put in a postcode for Epping Forest and then do an activity search. I just did and found loads of different MTB routes that people have ridden.

David

--------------------------------------
Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:41 am 
There is one on a Saturday, 11am at Bury Road.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 am 
Cheers MCHardmanUK :-) I'm away this bank holiday weekend, but the next weekend I'll be keen. Can you provide any more detail about the exact meeting point, or contact details for someone who can? Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 am 
We are a much more sporadic bunch as the site covers multiple locations. Hardman refers to the over 35s - mbro35.co.uk - who do regular Epping focused rides. Check out their site. We have tried to encourage them to cross promote with us in the past, but have never had a response which is a shame. :crazy:

Keep an eye on the the Epping section here as well as there are still a lot of local rides going on but at more random times http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trai ... forest.php

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 pm 
Thanks for those details, Jon! Might be just right for me, I'm just about over the hill :D

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 pm 
Hi guys, I'm also new to London and need to get back in the saddle. I used to ride a fair bit, but not been out since January. Need to get the miles in. Anyone out this Sunday in Epping, if they could let me know, I'd be grateful for a spot of local knowledge, in return, offering of tea/cake/ale.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 am 
Jon wrote:
We are a much more sporadic bunch as the site covers multiple locations. Hardman refers to the over 35s - mbro35.co.uk - who do regular Epping focused rides. Check out their site. We have tried to encourage them to cross promote with us in the past, but have never had a response which is a shame. :crazy:

Keep an eye on the the Epping section here as well as there are still a lot of local rides going on but at more random times http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trai ... forest.php

I've been out with MBRO35 a couple of times. They ride pretty much every saturdau and they usually split between two groups. The easiest way to explain is the "Rads" are non-stop and the "Mods" tend to ride from pub to pub (sort of), more sedate anyway.

The website is useless I tried to register a couple of times and never heard anything. You can also follow @MBRO35 on twitter but to be honest you're better of on here. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:50 pm 
streetdaddy wrote:
Are there any semi-organised regular weekend group rides in Epping Forest? I get the impression that not all of them are posted here, and I can't find much online (or my googling is pants) ... I've ridden around myself a few times since moving over this side of the city from the west where I'd mostly ride Swinley. I've found some fun stuff, but I'm sure I missing a lot ... and of course it's always more fun to ride with other kamikazis.

We go out a few times a week, if you let me know where you are ect happy o meet up and go explore!

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:38 pm 
Danfunk wrote:
We go out a few times a week, if you let me know where you are ect happy o meet up and go explore!

Dan

Cheers mate, I live in Shoreditch, about 25 minute train ride for me to get to Chingford ... I'm usually going for weekend rides, but will be up for weekdays after 6pm-ish while these long summer days last ... after that I'll have to get some good lights! I'm keeping an eye on here for anyone mentioning a ride ... but planning ahead (ie. rides at the same scheduled time each weekend) are a good bet for me, especially since i have this habit of planning to go, and then getting shitfaced the night before :oops: not really an excuse, i guess!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 pm 
I am well up for riding on the weekends, hangover permitting :) normally i jump on my hybrid and road upto the forest then go for a quick couple of loops, but I now have a new hardtail so happy to chuck it in the back of the car and head up, have been keeping my eye on the calender but this weekend, was just a bit too hectic so I didn't get a ride of any kind done.